Transfers and Luggage Valet

dcruisers

We have used luggage valet and loved the convenience.

We are considering using a private shuttle for our group of 8 to get to the airport after our cruise in a month.

Do you HAVE to use Celebrity transfer to airport to be able to use this option?

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

You never HAVE to use any cruise line transfer.

You do not mention the really important things like port and flight time.

For a group of 8 I'd advise you arrange a private shuttle. There will always be recommendations on the Home Ports boards.

Luggage Valet is a valid option if your flight is after Celebrity's posted time in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. It is not available for San Juan departures or flights to Canada or other international destinations.

You never HAVE to use any cruise line transfer.

You do not mention the really important things like port and flight time.

For a group of 8 I'd advise you arrange a private shuttle. There will always be recommendations on the Home Ports boards.

Luggage Valet is a valid option if your flight is after Celebrity's posted time in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. It is not available for San Juan departures or flights to Canada or other international destinations.

Thank you!

We are sailing from Fort Lauderdale which is a port that Celebrity offers Luggage Valet.

I thought transfers and luggage valet were independent . We would much rather do a private shuttle for our group.

We had luggage valet when we sailed on the Eclipse 2 weeks ago. It was great! No problems at all. Will do it again next time we travel. Flight has to be after 1 pm.

Did you do Celebrity transfer to airport or did you get to the airport independently?

We have done Luggage Valet in the past and it is very convenient . I was just concerned that we HAD to do Celebrity transfers to take advantage of it. But that didn't make sense to me.

We would prefer do book a private shuttle.

Did you do Celebrity transfer to airport or did you get to the airport independently?

We have done Luggage Valet in the past and it is very convenient . I was just concerned that we HAD to do Celebrity transfers to take advantage of it. But that didn't make sense to me.

We would prefer do book a private shuttle.

We used Luggage Valet earlier this month from Ft. Lauderdale and did NOT have Celebrity Transfers. We had arranged for private car service also. You shouldn't have any problems.

Is Luggage Valet available for all airlines? We are flying out of Fort Lauderdale on a 2:30 flight with Jet Blue. I would love to try the valet service -- have heard great things.

Also - when do you arrange for it? On the ship or before you sail?

Thanks so much!

Katie

You book luggage valet on board. It requires a certain number of people to sign up (think 10+) and you book on board usually about day #2. Announcement in daily program, but ask if you do not see anything. Is certainly VERY handy.

You also need to find out if your airline participates in Luggage Valet. Many smaller airlines and some larger ones do not!

Did luggage valet on Eclipse a few weeks ago, just 2 of us, American Airlines flight after 12pm. Took a cab to the airport, seamless. Actually got to the airport way early!! Believe Celebrity website lists airlines eligible and flight time requirements on their website. Would do it again anytime it was available!