Price drop after final payment date?

Details

I know that final payment for the 4/3/16 Western Carib. on NA is due on 1/19/16. We live in FL and are wondering if there would possibly be a price drop after that date? Has anyone done this? What should I look for? When? We are just looking for the best price a "local" can get. :)

Thanks for any help.

Just sign in to the HAL site and watch the pricing. I look only at the main page for the particular cruise, where the pricing is for inside/outside/balc. Superior/Neptune - gives you the overview fast.

Start early and get a feel for the current pricing, or better yet, write down the pricing for the categories you are interested in.

Do this every day to see what is happening. Takes very little time once you get used to it.

Often there are price drops several times. For this particular cruise - who knows. You have to do the homework!

Beat of luck!!

Edit to say: balconies and outsides start at the same pricing right now.

Edited by SilvertoGold

We had a price drop before final payment which our HAL PCC applied in an adjusted confirmation.

The there were a couple of price drops after final payment date. I email our HAL PCC (or if you go through a Travel Agent email them) and asked what possible options HAL would offer us - I was hoping for some on board credit but didn't get any. At first our PCC came back with some offers from HAL, mostly upsell offers (one was a straight across upgrade, no extra money) but we didn't think any of these were worth it. Our PCC suggested we wait a week or two and try again, which we did. On the second round we accepted an offer we liked. We went from a large inside to a guarantee balcony and we were happy with what we got.

Every cruise is different, HAL has to balance availability with revenue. Remember, it's a money making operation and they can't give away all the rooms at a rock-bottom last-minute price just to fill the ship. You will always hear of someone bragging that they got some fantastic deal!!! Maybe they did, but it doesn't usually happen that way. m--