Grandchildren, in school term time

Todnic

Hi. We would like to take our 14 and 12 year old grandchildren on a cruise out of Sydney, April-September2016. We thought Carnival line would have more for them to do. We are choosing not to go school holidays to avoid too many kids BUT will there still be enough for them to do on this cruise? They are quite mature for their ages. I would appreciate any advise thanks!

Can't speak for a cruise Down Under but once when we cruised outside of school breaks there were less than 100 kids onboard. Of those half were under the age of 5, I don't recall seeing more than 2 teens.

Yes, there will still be a kids' program and things to do, but there may be very few other girls their age.

In Louisiana, in the southern parishes, (we do not have counties), several schools have a break during the first day of Catholic Lent, aka Mardi Gras. It is usually 3-5 days off. We have cruised during this time, outside of Louisiana, (because the Cruise Industry knows about this school break, ups the prices out of NOLA). There are not a lot of teens, but enough to keep them entertained.

I'm guessing you are from the USA? Australian school holidays are different there are 2 week breaks approx end April and July, and the beginning of October. That is for NSW if you are cruising out of Sydney. Other states will probably vary by a week either side and New Zealand breaks may have some impact as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you do decide to pull them out of school for a cruise, confirm the school's makeup policy. Our district only approves Independent Study for more than five days out, other schools do not approve at all.