Drink packages on the MSC Divina

glamer57

I will be on a 7 night Caribbean cruise on the MSC Divina in Nov. 2016 and I am trying to find out more info on the drink packages. Is it worth it? My husband and I aren't heavy drinkers and would probably only have something with dinner. We will also be traveling with our 2 children (9 and 5). Do all of us have to purchase a drink package or can we just get vouchers or a certain number of bottles? I read something regarding this, but it is kind of confusing.

MSC Cruises beverage package prices

Drinks Packages Inclusion Prices per person per day

24 hours All-Inclusive Premium Allegrissimo The MSC All-Inclusive Premium Allegrissimo provides the best choices, offering unlimited consumption of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages, including wine chosen from MSC Cruises menu “by the glass”; bottled and draft beers; mineral water; mineral water and minibar drinks in cabin; soft, hot, and all bar drinks (including single malt whiskies, champagne cocktails, superior brandies, other premium spirits), plus all ‘Gelateria’ menu selections, Room Service and Pastry Shop menus. All included drinks can be consumed in all restaurants and bars, including the themed venues and à la carte restaurants. Really so much with a variety of choices for such a low price! •US$57 US$60 for adults

•US$28.50 US$29 for kids

Classic Allegrissimo Includes unlimited non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages' consumption, wine by the glass (rosé, sparkling, and red, chosen from Allegrissimo Selection), soft drinks, hot drinks, mineral water, draft beer, plus a wide selection of cocktails, drinks from the bar list. The finale is with take-away-ice-cream in a cup or cone. The Classic package drinks can be consumed in all MSC bars and restaurants 24 hours a day, including themed venues and à la carte restaurants. Mineral water consumption in cabins and minibar are not included. •US$35 US$40 for adults

•US$16.50 US$20 for kids

Cheers Package includes unlimited consumption of wines' selection - choose one rosé, two reds and two whites, soft drinks, draft beers, mineral water and fruit juices during lunch and dinner in the main dining room and self-service buffets. Kids' version offers all the above mentioned non-alcoholic options. •US$22.50 for adults

•US$12.50 for kids

Bottled Beer Package Includes 14 beers and ciders in bottles/cans (Affligem Blond, Amstel Light, Amstel Radler, Buckler non-alcoholic, Bulmers, Desperados, Dos Equis, Heineken, Newcastle Brown Ale, Sol, Strongbow). Beers included can be consumed in the bars, main and specialty restaurants, self-service buffet. US$80

Cocktail Package Comprised of twelve vouchers for all MSC alcoholic beverages. This package doesn't include the Premium brands. Cocktail Package's price allows passengers save at least 15% off the regular bar prices. US$72

Doremi package Comprised of ten vouchers for virgin cocktails, fruit juices, ice cream shakes, milkshakes, or canned sodas. Package's price allows cruisers to save up to 25% off the regular bar prices. US$31

Soda Package Provides unlimited "on tap" sodas such as Tonic, Fanta, Sprite, Coke, Diet Coke, in all MSC locations where soft fountain drinks are located. US$8

MSC drink packages on Caribbean/South America cruises only

More-For-Less Premium Package Adult Includes all wines from the selection "by the glass", house-brand (choose from one rosé, two reds and two whites), mineral water, bottled and draft beer, soft drinks in buffets and main restaurants, mineral water and all drinks from in cabin mini bar, take away from Gelateria. Drinks from bar lists with bar price up to $7.25 are also included. Price is equal to 18 vouchers. US$61

More-For-Less Premium Package Kids Includes mineral water, sodas and fruit juices in buffet areas and main restaurants; mini bar snacks and non-alcoholic drinks, mineral water in cabin; fruit juices, sodas, mineral water, virgin cocktails, milkshakes, smoothies, energy and hot drinks at any bar, gelato take-away ice-cream. Price is equal to 18 vouchers. US$31

More-For-Less Classic Package Adult Includes all wines from the selection "by the glass", house-brand (choose from one rosé, two reds and two whites), sodas, mineral water, soft drinks, juices, bottled and draft beer, cocktails without alcohol, hot drinks (hot tea, hot chocolate, espresso, cappuccino), take away from Gelateria. Room service items, cocktails and spirits are not included. Price was increased to 15 vouchers. US$42 US$45

More-For-Less Classic Package Kids The MSC Cruises Easy Package for kids Includes mineral water, sodas and fruit juices in self-service buffets and main restaurants, plus mineral water, sodas, fruit juices, hot drinks, milkshakes, virgin cocktails, and smoothies at Gelateria and bar selections. The package doesn't include water or mini bar displayed in cabin. It will cost you 15 vouchers daily. US$21 US$23

More-For-Less Escape Pass Beverage card for 18 consumptions, including all drinks from the Bar and Wine (wines by

the glass up to US$7.50, draft, bottled or canned beer up to US$5, canned sodas, mineral water, fruit juices, coffee-based drinks, hot chocolate delights, premium

teas, selection of call-brand spirits, all cocktails from the Bar list (up to US$8), as well as take away ice cream in a cone/cup. US$84

Beer Package MSC Cruises beer packages offer 14 vouchers for all canned and bottled beers from bar list. Package prices allow guests save more than 25% off the regular prices in Bar list. US$52 US$57

Soda Package Includes 15 canned sodas (fruit juices or fountain sodas on request). Vouchers can be consumed at any restaurant, self-service buffet and bar. US$30

Wine Package "Dinner Wine" The "Dinner Wine" MSC package offers house-brand wines - Dolcetto, Grillo, Montepulciano, Salento, Trebbiano. Passengers can choose between 1 rosé, 2 reds and 2 whites. Wines that are included in packages are available only in the main dining rooms. Unfinished bottles are conserved and served to you the next day. •for 7 bottles - US$85

•for 10 bottles - US$120

Wine Package "Your Choice" "Your Choice" wine selection gives you a choice of at least 20 labels featured in MSC select wine list. The low price of package allows guests save more than 20% off the regular wine prices. The included in package wines are available only in the main dining rooms, and unfinished bottles are conserved and served to you the next day. MSC’s dedicated sommelier is always onboard, available to assist with information and advice on available wines. •for 7 bottles - US$155 US$160

•for 10 bottles - US$212 US$220.

I too am very confused. I called the cruiseline and they don't even know what is available! Me and my family do not drink alcohol. We are fine with water or iced tea. Can anyone tell me what EXACTLY there is to drink that is free and when we can drink it? I was thinking that during meals there is at least water and iced tea. Am I right? Also let's say that I want a drink between meals...can I go to the buffet which is open 20 hours a day and get a free drink of something? ANy help is appreciated! On Disney non alcoholic drinks are free all day long and on Norwegian it is only 6.95 a day per person for unlimited soda and water. So paying 20.00 and up a day per person tp drink is a lot of money. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

It is our first cruise, travelling with two young children for 11 nights. We have done about 20 all inclusive resorts. The drink packages seem exorbitantly priced for our needs. I am looking for information on what beverages are included free at meals on the MSC Divina? Also, can you get free drinking water at a bar or do you need to pay for that too? Is it possible to fill a thermal mug with water or free beverages from the buffet and take them with you elsewhere on the ship? Are you allowed to bring non alcoholic beverages onto the ship (i.e. a case of soda pop) and refrigerate it in the mini bar? Are there ice machines in the hallways?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks!