Escape dinner show time conflict?

tmdl20

We booked shows that start at 7pm on three of our nights on the Escape, but because the online dinner reservations only start at 5:30, the system won't let us book a table. I called and was told we'd have to wait until we were on board. I was also told that they don't open for dinner until 5:30, so we can't even go a bit earlier.

First, why would Norwegian make the scheduling so tight!? I'm pretty sure we aren't the only ones looking to have a nice dinner and then a show.

Secondly, did anyone else run into this problem?

I have two worries. We will book dinners as soon as we get on board, but a 5:30 time won't allow us enough time to eat and make the show.

Or, we can get to the show for 7pm, but the seats will be lousy.

Any feedback or experience?

For a 7pm show, you will want to find your seat in the theater as soon after the doors open as possible, which will be 6:30. At 6:45 or 6:50 reservations are given away to the standby line. You don't have time to go to dinner before the show.

Generally people go to the early show and dine after, or else go to dinner first followed by the late show.

Edited by LrgPizza

That's what we're doing. Booked an early reservation for dinner then going to the late show. The show was originally booked as 9:30 pm but they sent us an email saying the show was now at 10:00 pm. A little late for us but T'm sure it'll work. I think the only dining option that will work with a 7:00 pm show is either the buffet or O'sheehans. Could just get appetizers somewhere to hold you over and then decide after the show where you want to complete your meal. Hope Escape has crepes. We usually eat in the buffet if we book an early show then return for crepes after the show for dessert. Works for us.

You could divide and conquer. If you have 2 or more adults in your party, you could have one person go to the early show while the other adult(s) hang out with the kids, get them fed and get them over to the kids club for a little play time. When the first show is over, the first person could get something to eat and then pick the kids up from the club in time to get them ready for bed. The other adult could catch the later show whenever it is offered.

If the show is offered on multiple nights; you could stick with the early (or late) show, but each go on different evenings.

I agree that both these situations (not opening restaurants until 5:30 and kid's club not opening until 7:00) need to be fixed. I hope people give this feedback to Norwegian in their post cruise surveys/while on board via the dropbox at guest services for the hotel director.

It's not that there are "no other options," so it's not a urgent problem, but it's one that Norwegian really needs to fix soon so less people are stressed and juggling.

We are having the exact same problem. Our plan is to eat something light before hand and dinner after, or just something light again after. With the kids club, can one bring them and the other save seats?

Safe travels,

Coach Jim

This what we are planning to do, but we were hoping to get dinner in at 5:30 before in the MDR.

Greg

On breakaway, when rock of ages started at 6:30, they opened the kids club early to accommodate it. Perhaps someone who has been on Escape can confirm if they do that on Escape as well.

Can't help with the dinner reservations issue. It is what it is.

We booked shows that start at 7pm on three of our nights on the Escape, but because the online dinner reservations only start at 5:30, the system won't let us book a table. I called and was told we'd have to wait until we were on board. I was also told that they don't open for dinner until 5:30, so we can't even go a bit earlier.

First, why would Norwegian make the scheduling so tight!? I'm pretty sure we aren't the only ones looking to have a nice dinner and then a show.

Secondly, did anyone else run into this problem?

I have two worries. We will book dinners as soon as we get on board, but a 5:30 time won't allow us enough time to eat and make the show.

Or, we can get to the show for 7pm, but the seats will be lousy.

Any feedback or experience?

Eat after the show, or go at 5:30 for dinner. Unless you drag dinner out finishing in an hour is not an issue.

Thanks for the feedback. We have kids and are taking them to two of the shows. I think we will just eat early somewhere else instead of the main dining room those nights. We planned to eat, see the show, then drop the kids in the camp so we can have some adult time.

Which places are open for complimentary eating around 5 other than the buffet?

Thanks for the feedback. We have kids and are taking them to two of the shows. I think we will just eat early somewhere else instead of the main dining room those nights. We planned to eat, see the show, then drop the kids in the camp so we can have some adult time.

Which places are open for complimentary eating around 5 other than the buffet?

O'Sheehans is always open, and right near the theater. It's a good bet.

Are you a Carnival cruiser? I can always tell when people call the kids club, Splash Academy, a "camp". Haha

Yep. Lol This is our second cruise. We were on the Carnival Pride 2 years ago and loved the whole cruising experience. Having our room, food, and entertainment all in one place was amazing!

Thanks for the info on O'Sheehans. Is there typically much of a wait for a table around 5?

Getting so excited to go! :)

Yep. Lol This is our second cruise. We were on the Carnival Pride 2 years ago and loved the whole cruising experience. Having our room, food, and entertainment all in one place was amazing!

Thanks for the info on O'Sheehans. Is there typically much of a wait for a table around 5?

Getting so excited to go! :)

No, generally not a problem that early.