How to get around NOLA party of 7

hlb76

Hi all,

We are booked on a family cruise out of Nola Oct 2016. As of now we have 7 of us ages ranging from 19 month to 41 years. Would a shuttle/car service make more sense than multiple taxi's? We have 2 littles that are still car seat kids. There parents are debating what to do about that as well. The oldest is big enough for those airplane restraints which would be better than lugging a big carseat for the plane. but will we need it for the taxi/shuttle?

Hi all,

We are booked on a family cruise out of Nola Oct 2016. As of now we have 7 of us ages ranging from 19 month to 41 years. Would a shuttle/car service make more sense than multiple taxi's? We have 2 littles that are still car seat kids. There parents are debating what to do about that as well. The oldest is big enough for those airplane restraints which would be better than lugging a big carseat for the plane. but will we need it for the taxi/shuttle?

I'm assuming you're asking about transport straight to the pier from the airport, not for touring or sightseeing in New Orleans?

If so, I'd definitely go with a shuttle to keep the whole group together. If you wanted to spend a little more money you could get a van from a car service company.

Here are the Louisiana child seat and restraint laws:

http://www.lsp.org/pdf/child_passenger_seat.pdf

Edited by VideoTech

Yes... we are just wondering how to get from airport to hotel the easiest. We will head in early to site see and our feet will get us around then or streetcar. Cruise day we will need a ride to the port. Post cruise a ride from the port to airport. 2 taxis would not be horrible but keeping us together would be ideal. But in honesty what's most economical will prob win. Thanks for the info on child seats. :) happy new year to you all.

Hi all,

HI:

Was just reading about New Orleans departures and saw your posts. We too are from MN and are sailing on the Dream the end of Oct. New to this city so all the posts are very helpful. Guess we better get a hotel soon cause some large groups on our cruise. Happy New Year to you. Go Vikings!!!!

Hey fellow frozen tundra survivor!!! Nola is a great city. I love it so much. We have sailed from there 3 times (i think) and one land trip. This time it's going to be different for us as we will have 2 littles with. If I can help in any way let me know. It's my favorite place ever to go!!

Hey fellow frozen tundra survivor!!! Nola is a great city. I love it so much. We have sailed from there 3 times (i think) and one land trip. This time it's going to be different for us as we will have 2 littles with. If I can help in any way let me know. It's my favorite place ever to go!!

Thank you so much for writing. We are on the Dream Halloween cruise 10/30 and have been told that is an expensive time for hotels. I rushed and last night booked the Hilton Riverside cause everyone said hotels were getting scarce. Hate to do that so far ahead of time but jumped the gun. We sailed from there about 11 years ago when there was an accident blocking the river and we sat at the pier all night waiting for buses to drive us to Mobile to catch the ship. Maybe we can connect via e-mail and not on this forum? Have some questions to ask. Thank you.

Thank you so much for writing. We are on the Dream Halloween cruise 10/30 and have been told that is an expensive time for hotels. I rushed and last night booked the Hilton Riverside cause everyone said hotels were getting scarce. Hate to do that so far ahead of time but jumped the gun. We sailed from there about 11 years ago when there was an accident blocking the river and we sat at the pier all night waiting for buses to drive us to Mobile to catch the ship. Maybe we can connect via e-mail and not on this forum? Have some questions to ask. Thank you.
Not sure about putting personal info on here. Bye for now.

Not sure about putting personal info on here. Bye for now.

you can email me at ( take out spaces) partywithheather @ outlook ( hope its OK to share here and I'm not breaking the rules) Make sure to put something in the subject line so I can find it if it goes to junk.

you can email me at ( take out spaces) partywithheather @ outlook ( hope its OK to share here and I'm not breaking the rules) Make sure to put something in the subject line so I can find it if it goes to junk.

Thank you very much. Have written to you.