Ncl check-in: Assigned arrival times???

navigator71

I have sailed NCL before and this will be my second time on Spirit which is my favorite ship. I am getting around to checking in with a week to go till I sail. Life as been beyond busy hence why I'm so last minute. I just saw I had to pick a time for check in with the warning that if I arrive early I may have to wait till my assigned time. I always arrive by 10:30 to get on the ships I have sailed on, earlier. I have loooooooved this and was planning on doing that as usual this trip. Anyone have experience with getting an assigned time later than they showed up for and how did it go? Any reasoning why they started doing this? Obviously they are trying to control the amount of people throughout the boarding time. Anyways.....should I just show up as usual and take my chances?

Thanks!!!!

I am thinking this may be the new way of keeping passenger traffic moving.

When i called the pre-concierge for my upcoming cruise she asked what time I planned to be at the port. I was not asked last March on the Star.

Last summer my DD and I went on Carnival and they assigned a time (1:30) but since we had FTTF it didn't matter since it gave us early embarkation.

I have sailed NCL before and this will be my second time on Spirit which is my favorite ship. I am getting around to checking in with a week to go till I sail. Life as been beyond busy hence why I'm so last minute. I just saw I had to pick a time for check in with the warning that if I arrive early I may have to wait till my assigned time. I always arrive by 10:30 to get on the ships I have sailed on, earlier. I have loooooooved this and was planning on doing that as usual this trip. Anyone have experience with getting an assigned time later than they showed up for and how did it go? Any reasoning why they started doing this? Obviously they are trying to control the amount of people throughout the boarding time. Anyways.....should I just show up as usual and take my chances?

Thanks!!!!

We showed up early no one questioned us at all

Enjoy your cruise 👌

We had a 10:30 AM arrival time and it meant nothing.

We arrived to sail on Star and wound up with hundreds of passengers online outside the terminal. It seems there was a computer issue so they manually checked sailing docs and identity. Two men for hundreds-not good!

They added a third person and the line moved.

We boarded at 1:15 and had just enough time to eat lunch in th MDR.

I was told by one of the crew that they allow passengers on at 11:30-have no clue if that is true.

The time did not mean anything once you arrive at the pier, at least in my experience. We had the earliest arrival scheduled yet were never asked our time. When we entered the terminal we were handed a card with a number on it that was used for getting in line.