Little Bay

stefndoug

What are people's thoughts about Little Bay for Snorkeling and for just sitting at the beach? We are a group of 6 and a few want to snorkel and the rest want to relax. From what I can see on the map, the water taxi doesn't get us quite there, but it looks like you can walk easily from where the water taxi drops us off.

What are some of our options to get to Little Bay from the Cruiseship and what might be the costs?

Stefani

We were just at Divi Little Bay for about 3 hours in September 2015 while in St. Maarten on a cruise stop and really liked it. We didn't snorkel as the water was still a little cloudy from sand being stirred up from a recent storm, so I can't say how the snorkeling there is. We enjoyed loungers and swimming while there. There were others at the beach but it wasn't crowded at all and was quiet and relaxing the day we were there. We really enjoyed it and I'd go back.

We took a taxi from the taxi stand at the cruise center. I can't remember the exact cost, but it wasn't expensive. I'm thinking $10.00, per cab, each way. The taxis charge by zone, so I'm attaching link to zones and prices: http://taxistmaarten.com/zones-rates/

The cab ride over was only about 10 minutes over. We rented 2 loungers and 1 umbrella for the two of us for a total of $15.00. There is a resort there, Divi Little Bay, but day guests are welcome. We just went directly to the beach, found the attendant who then set up our loungers/umbrella and we paid him. I'll attach a link to an older post from 2009 that recently popped up again with newer updates, including a few posts by me.

When we left, there were taxis waiting and we just took a cab to downtown Philipsburg and spent an hour there then took the water taxi back to our ship.

Link to the other thread with more information on Divi Little Bay. The recent posts start with post #14.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=931989

Hope this helps.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

We were just at Divi Little Bay for about 3 hours in September 2015 while in St. Maarten on a cruise stop and really liked it. We didn't snorkel as the water was still a little cloudy from sand being stirred up from a recent storm, so I can't say how the snorkeling there is. We enjoyed loungers and swimming while there. There were others at the beach but it wasn't crowded at all and was quiet and relaxing the day we were there. We really enjoyed it and I'd go back.

We took a taxi from the taxi stand at the cruise center. I can't remember the exact cost, but it wasn't expensive. I'm thinking $10.00, per cab, each way. The taxis charge by zone, so I'm attaching link to zones and prices: http://taxistmaarten.com/zones-rates/

The cab ride over was only about 10 minutes over. We rented 2 loungers and 1 umbrella for the two of us for a total of $15.00. There is a resort there, Divi Little Bay, but day guests are welcome. We just went directly to the beach, found the attendant who then set up our loungers/umbrella and we paid him. I'll attach a link to an older post from 2009 that recently popped up again with newer updates, including a few posts by me.

When we left, there were taxis waiting and we just took a cab to downtown Philipsburg and spent an hour there then took the water taxi back to our ship.

Link to the other thread with more information on Divi Little Bay. The recent posts start with post #14.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=931989

Hope this helps.

That is perfect...thanks so much...I will print this out.

Stefani