Thomson Celebration

hi iankeith3 couldn't believe when I read your post. this is the first time I've ever accessed this site. what a coincidence but we are on the same cruise, same dates and also balcony cabin! bit spooky. we are flying from Birmingham and get into Grantley Adams mid afternoon. look forward to bumping into you on board.

Hi truejanner, Julie and I are flying from gatwick.

Have you chosen your cabin?

You will probably find us of an evening trying the cocktails out!

No we've not chosen a cabin, will take our chance! Cocktails sounds good or a cold beer or two .... Won't be long now. We're Jill and Phil btw.

No we've not chosen a cabin, will take our chance! Cocktails sounds good or a cold beer or two .... Won't be long now. We're Jill and Phil btw.

Hi, we are Julie and Ian.

We booked our cabin as we wanted to make sure that we were on deck 9 instead of deck 5.

im looking forward to an early morning cupper on my balcony watching the world sail by!

We the only advice I can give you, as you have probably sorted out you trips, is that you do something on changeover day, we have done most of the Thomson ones and found them all good, particularly enjoyed Harrisons cave and a visit to Bathsheba beach we also always use the speciality restaurants on change over not just because its cheaper but it gets you over of the busy areas. Other stand out trips we have done over the years, St Kitts railway expensive but great best I think was Nelsons dock yard Antigua but we were fortunate we be around when the cross Atlantic rowers were arriving:) what a day probably the best cruising experience ever and they are coming across at the moment so check it out:)

As you probably know, because I think I may have mentioned it;), 5 weeks for us and just cant wait:rolleyes:

Advice?

Dont take a Thomson excursion. Many legitimate local operators are at every port and they will offer you a tour that is half the price and very often better.

Thomsons will drop you with hundreds of your closest friends at a beach to be joined with hundreds of other new friends.

Locals know where to go and when to get there.

AND in doing so you are helping the local econony not a multi national conglomerate that probably avoids taxes.

Enjoy.

Edited by nw_man

Well you do known if you go on a Thomson excursion you will not miss the boat. If you have been to an area before & are familiar with it you should be OK but be aware the boat will go without you if you are late and you may not feel it worthwhile just to save a few dollars, we have witnessed cruisers who have missed the boat and its not pleasant but nw_man is correct it is cheaper to go independently and we will be doing that on our next cruise. Good luck.