Thomson Celebration

Will be on the Celebration 3 April and just have a couple questions...

There seem to be so many rules re alcohol and cruising, I am a little confused on what I can and cannot do.

We are not going AI as you have to purchase it for all in your cabin (inc the child), which at £25 per person is extortionate (over £500 for drinks for a week cruise is terribly overpriced). We don't drink more than 2 glasses of wine on an evening anyhow.

If I purchase alcohol in duty free on my outbound flight, can I have that in my cabin on-board? Are you allowed to bring on-board from each port?

I am assuming bottled water can be purchased at each port (cheaper than the boat I hope) and brought on-board...

I haven't yet chosen my cabin - but have chosen outside on decks 3 or 4.... which deck would be best and whereabouts on the deck?

Finally, any suggestions on port excursions would be great to receive.

Hi zkfw yes you can definitely consume your own alcohol in your cabin and you don't have to try and hide it to get it on board same with water. You can also purchase duty free on board, once at sea and its a better price than on the flight. Very good/large duty free at Barbados deep harbour port just off the ship. Sorry never been on deck 3/4. Have a good one😀

I was wondering if anyone can help with the following questions, this is our first cruise so it would be appreciated.

We are on the Celebration on the 24th Jan for two weeks starting with Paradise Islands then Tropical Delights - what is the routine for checking in at Gatwick and embarkation in Bridgetown.

We have booked a deluxe balcony cabin on deck 9, anyone else stayed in one of these?

Finally..... Any tips for the cruise?

Thank you in advance

Ian

Hi im linda and im also going for 2 weeks on 24th jan im on deck 2 only cabin left hope to meet you linda

Hi just wondered if anyone know what the cabins are like do decks 1&2 as that was my only choice as only 2 cabins left on those decks thanks

We go on Sunday and are deck 1/2. We have done 2 cruises on sister ship Spirit with a deck1 outside cabin with porthole, and a deck 2 inside cabin and had no problems, big enough for us two. Looking forward to a fantastic cruise - won't be in cabin much - sleep - shower - change.

Have a great time in gthe Caribbean Gill and Ray (I'm sure you will ;)) No cruises booked yet for us, but having a couple of hotel holidays, so you may catch up with us soon :D

Thanks Linda, I am sure you will enjoy yours too. We haven't had a hotel holiday abroad at a single destination for around 28 years. Caravanning in UK till we did Titan train trip across Canada Toronto to Vancouver including Rocky Mountaineer for our 65th in 2012 then discovered cruising Jan 13 and haven't given other holidays a thought since then! Love the Caribbean. Have a great 2016, but I am sure you will find a cruise before the year is out.

Me again,must be on a roll.At some stage during the week we were able to fill a bag (like a carrier bag) with washing,the steward took it away and brought it back the next morning all washed and folded,although not ironed.It was great for underwear and t-shirts etc.The cost was £12 but worth every penny.

Hi i go 24th jan i just wondered if anyone knows if all cabins have single beds as im going with my son also whats deck 1 like please

Have a great time in gthe Caribbean Gill and Ray (I'm sure you will ;)) No cruises booked yet for us, but having a couple of hotel holidays, so you may catch up with us soon :D

I bet you're glad you cancelled your Hurghada holiday Linda.

We go on Sunday and are deck 1/2. We have done 2 cruises on sister ship Spirit with a deck1 outside cabin with porthole, and a deck 2 inside cabin and had no problems, big enough for us two. Looking forward to a fantastic cruise - won't be in cabin much - sleep - shower - change.

I'm sure you're still busy with the packing, but in case I don't catch you before you go have a great time. Make sure you have a paddle in every port.;)

Hi lynn pool

If you have the Thomson brochure you can have a look at the deck plan or have a look on the web site you will be looking for a cabin with a L (refers to beds at 90%) or an open square (refers to singles side by side) and not a 'dot' which is a fixed double, I believe if you contact them and inform them of your situation they will put you in a suitable cabin.

The only toiletries in the cabin, now, is a liquid soap dispenser.

On your first day at sea they have a 'port showcase' which will give you some ideas of the trips. Also each day you can pick up a port map with lots of useful info.:)

Hi pensioncruiser

Sorry to ask so many questions but im nervous excited ive always wanted to see the carabean and swim with dolphins and its all seems a dream at minute,

What sign is it fo picture window instead of porthole as im going to pay and book a cabin tomorrow.