Thought I'd ask you guys...

mikechass

We are booked for RCCL Adventure of the Seas cruise the 2nd of April, but if I had my way, I would have done Carnival. Since I am still working for a corporate office (early 70's), I cannot get off from work just any time. I wanted to go to St. Lucia, where I fell in love with it, and haven't been back for almost 9 years. Carnival goes that direction, but it isn't until the end of April, so thus RCCL.

Yes, I hesitate about doing RCCL , as they LOST our luggage for almost 4 days, but hopefully it never happens again.

Also, is it better to have the early or late seatings for dinner on this line?

When will the evening shows be taking place.

I assumed its much the same as the other cruises we've done.

They offer a before and after show for each night?

here

It looks like you have decided on the Magic, good for you, we absolutely loved our cruise on her. We usually pick the late dinner, but it has more to do with traveling with a big group that activities.

If you want an idea of how the dinner times/show times/activities flow (in general, realizing this is from 6 months ago, probably a different itinerary, and most surely will vary somewhat) I posted all of the "FunTimes" from our 7 night Magic cruise in a previous thread. If you are so inclined, you can find them here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2261689

Hope you have a great cruise!

Lastly, if anyone is familiar with Port Canaveral could you give me some insight into where I should look to stay pre and post cruise. We always fly in the day before a cruise and last time we stayed one more night after and found it very relaxing. We will be renting a car from the airport

I am sure I could find all this but have been so thankful for the advice on here

You may want to get involved with the CC Roll Call for your cruise. A nice lady on my Magic cruise set up a group with Raddison at the Port and got us a great group rate, that included parking for the week, and reservations on the 10:30AM shuttle to the port.

Since everyone has been so helpful maybe I can ask a few more questions.

Does the Magic have Free Style Pop machines? I saw the "bottomless bubbles" is the pop package.... is there an option for mocktails and milkshakes?

Also, is it better to have the early or late seatings for dinner on this line?

When will the evening shows be taking place.

I assumed its much the same as the other cruises we've done.

They offer a before and after show for each night?

Lastly, if anyone is familiar with Port Canveral could you give me some insight into where I should look to stay pre and post cruise. We always fly in the day before a cruise and last time we stayed one more night after and found it very relaxing. We will be renting a car from the airport

I am sure I could find all this but have been so thankful for the advice on here

Check out goportcanaveral.Com excellent shuttle from airport to hotel, from hotel to port and retro to airport post cruise pkgs!! Also hotel to port and returnto airportpost cruise pkgs . We eat dinner early at home so we get the early seating.