Upgrading 100 minute internet perk to unlimited

3some

We will be in a suite, so we have all 4 perks. Between us, I know we will use more than 100 minutes of internet time, especially if the speed is slow. Is it possible to have the cost of the 100 minute plan applied toward the unlimited plan?

We will be in a suite, so we have all 4 perks. Between us, I know we will use more than 100 minutes of internet time, especially if the speed is slow. Is it possible to have the cost of the 100 minute plan applied toward the unlimited plan?

The answer is no. When you get onboard, the ONLY option available on your device will be the 100 minute plan. The only way to get unlimited internet is to spend the 100 minutes, then immediately sign up for the unlimited plan at full price.

The only way to get unlimited internet is to spend the 100 minutes, then immediately sign up for the unlimited plan at full price.

:confused:

What is the logic behind "spending" the 100 minutes before signing up for unlimited internet?

Wouldn't the net result be the same if they simply signed up for unlimited internet as soon at it was convenient to do so? And just forget about the 100-minute "perk"?

Thanks for your responses. It does seem unlikely that I'll be able to upgrade to unlimited. I'll probably buy the unlimited and then we can both be signed on until the 100 minutes is used and then we'll share.

What is the logic behind "spending" the 100 minutes before signing up for unlimited internet?

Wouldn't the net result be the same if they simply signed up for unlimited internet as soon at it was convenient to do so? And just forget about the 100-minute "perk"?

I think what the OP is saying is that the other internet packages won't even show up as an option because they are already signed up one (their 100 min perk). And that is why they have to use that up first and then the screen where you can pick from internet packages will show back up.

On the Star in a suite last month we had the 4 perks promo including the 250 minute internet perk and we were able to upgrade it to the unlimited plan by paying the difference in price. We just asked the staff at the internet cafe on board if it was possible and he told us to purchase the unlimited package at the normal price and then he immediately credited us back to our account the regular purchase price of the 250 minute package, which was $125. It seemed like they do this for anyone who asks and it did not at all feel like they were making any special exception for us.

I think what the OP is saying is that the other internet packages won't even show up as an option because they are already signed up one (their 100 min perk). And that is why they have to use that up first and then the screen where you can pick from internet packages will show back up.

The person who does NOT have the 100 minutes would have the option of the unlimited plan.

So,,,, when we have had the 100/250 minute perk, there was no option on our initial logon other than the free 100 minutes. There was no way to buy the unlimited package until the 100 minute was expended. At the time (last summer) we were told that we were NOT allowed to use the credit from the 100 minutes to buy a unlimited package (as the other poster was allowed to do).

Yes, it is the same, but the internet system was not set up that way,,, at least last summer.

It's $29.99 per day times the number of days for cruises up to 12 days.

For cruises 13 days and longer it is $24.99 per day.

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/internet-packages

Wowzers!

Basically, you pay about 30 times what the average cable/DSL subscriber in the US for service that's about 30 times as slow.

I realize that satellite internet infrastructure is different than shoreside cable/DSL, but with numbers like that, I would seriously ask myself if I couldn't do what I needed to do on the internet while in port.