Port of San Juan Liquor Store

hues of blue

We are cruising on the Liberty in a few weeks out of San Juan and wondering if the liquor store is still in the terminal right before you get on board? We have done this cruise several times but not in the last few years . I know in the past you could buy anything in there and then walk right through security with it,in fact a friend of my daughters bought 8 bottles of rum as gifts to bring home and carried it all to our room.

Thanks in advance

Sherri

It was there earlier this year. Getting your purchases back to your cabin has been a hit and miss in my experience.

Sometimes nothing is said. Others I have been directed to the liquor check table. And I've seen the table so swamped with turn ins that I just walked right by.

Charlie

It was in March. I can't speak to success/failure in smuggling because we did not try. We really, really thought about it but in the end decided to take the honest route & buy cheers instead. I will say I'm 99% sure we would've succeeded. I didn't even notice the drop off table until we were passing it & there were enough people at the table that the reps never even had their eyes in our direction.

I was wasn't planning on trying to sneak any on board,was just wondering if it was still there or not. I had already planned to bring with wine on board but I know they had also sold the large bottles of water there too for way less the ships price.

Sherri

JustAGirl79,

No, this one is at the dock that Carnival uses, right in old San Juan, the Pan Am Pier is a different one. We were on the Summit the last two years, so yes, it's the Pan Am one you will be leaving from.

Sherri

Edited by hues of blue

We embark on our cruise from San Juan. Is the liquor store going to be accessible to us there or only those doing a stop over?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The liquor store there is accessible to those that are embarking from the Port of San Juan located in Old San Juan (where Carnival cruises out of).

I should make note that Royal Caribbean and Celebrity both use the Pan American pier, but use different check in buildings. I know there's a liquor store in the Royal Caribbean building. I've never embarked from San Juan on Celebrity so I do not know if their building has one or not.

I know Disney embarks from Pan Am Pier but do they have their own terminal or make use of Royal's or another line?

They're new to San Juan, so I don't know. My guess says if they're the only one using the Pan Am pier, they'll use Royal's side.