Standard Drinks Package

Kerryashaw

Hi

I have a 2 night sailing booked on Eclipse from Southampton in May this year. I am a regular on Celebrity and was ready to book my drinks package to be told that there is a only a 'Standard Drinks Package' available on this cruise. Even though I did the same cruise last year and bought the premium package which was exactly the same as any other Celebrity cruise.

The Celebrity agent I spoke to about this was quite unhelpful, he said that it would include beer, wine and soda but did not have any specific details to tell me more.

I have done a little research and it looks like it may be wine and beer up to $6, however looking at some menus I can see online I can only see White Zinfadel for $6 or under and a few beers.

Does anyone know more about this package to give me some further advice?

Thanks

It appears that this is a new package, you can either continue to call X until you get an answer that sounds like it is absolute or wait until you board and let us here at CC know.

Through a search this 'new' package showed up here by another passenger.

bon voyage

Unless your cruise is special in some way?

I have just checked my Eclipse cruise from Southampton this year and they are offering free classic packages for some rooms....If they had decided to not have packages I would have thought they would have done it for the season. Also I am sure they make a fortune from those packages so I can't see them not offering.

Another possible problem is the website....could be the packages are available, you just can not book them on line?

I suggest you phone back, speak to someone else and put your mind at rest.

Hi

I have a 2 night sailing booked on Eclipse from Southampton in May this year. I am a regular on Celebrity and was ready to book my drinks package to be told that there is a only a 'Standard Drinks Package' available on this cruise. Even though I did the same cruise last year and bought the premium package which was exactly the same as any other Celebrity cruise.

The Celebrity agent I spoke to about this was quite unhelpful, he said that it would include beer, wine and soda but did not have any specific details to tell me more.

I have done a little research and it looks like it may be wine and beer up to $6, however looking at some menus I can see online I can only see White Zinfadel for $6 or under and a few beers.

Does anyone know more about this package to give me some further advice?

Thanks

I believe it has no water, premium coffee or tea; just house wine and well drinks. Pretty basic package.

Edited by cruza

Currently on the Eclipse and they are advertising the Standard Package at $45 a day plus 18%. Basically house wines, drinks made with well brands, some select beers, and fountain sodas. Strange that it does not include any water.

The Classic and Premium looks to be the same @$55 and $65 plus 18% pp.

I guess the Standard package will satisfy those people you do not like the fact that the current package has a cost per drink list instead of a set list of drinks.

Celebrity may be positioning itself for a modified BBB as the Better currently makes absolutely no sense for longer cruises. Upgrade to Classic for Better would make some sense overall, but obviously no benefit over the current pricing model. This is just a guess and I have no knowledge or wish.

Currently on the Eclipse and they are advertising the Standard Package at $45 a day plus 18%. Basically house wines, drinks made with well brands, some select beers, and fountain sodas. Strange that it does not include any water.

The Classic and Premium looks to be the same @$55 and $65 plus 18% pp.

I guess the Standard package will satisfy those people you do not like the fact that the current package has a cost per drink list instead of a set list of drinks.

Celebrity may be positioning itself for a modified BBB as the Better currently makes absolutely no sense for longer cruises. Upgrade to Classic for Better would make some sense overall, but obviously no benefit over the current pricing model. This is just a guess and I have no knowledge or wish.

Correction: the standard drink package does include bottled water and it has been offered on this ship for a while. Sorry for the error on my post.

image.jpg.e7aed16c6f8ca6a1fe8ac00ee9dc7b9b.jpg

Edited by jagoffee