Dining room assignment - liberty

Shih-tzu

How does the Carnival Liberty staff determine which dining room you are assigned to for the cruise (I see there are two main dining rooms) and which deck/level you are on? Is it based on cabin location, cabin type, are you asked on check-in at the port terminal or is it just a random thing?

Which is the more "preferred" dining room by those that have sailed on this ship and if there is a preference, what makes it the better location? From looking at photos, it appears that it would be nice to be sitting in the Silver Olympian near the windows at the aft of the ship....we have the 6:00pm seating so I'm thinking that there may be some nice sunsets to see while having dinner....

Any help/information greatly appreciated.

I'm currently on Liberty. The Silver Olympian dining room is for early or late seating guests. Anytime dining is done in the other midship dining room, Gold Olympian I think but I'm assigned late so I haven't really paid attention to its name.

I think they try to put you in the DR location nearest your cabin location. We do not like anytime and prefer traditional. We are normally aft and always get the aft dining room. We talked to people in the pool who's cabin was more forward and they had Golden Dining room. Silver is my favorite.

But if you want to change your assignment you have a chance to go do that your first day. There will be a time in the Funtimes the first day and location to talk to maitre'd about changing.

I think they try to put you in the DR location nearest your cabin location. We do not like anytime and prefer traditional. We are normally aft and always get the aft dining room. We talked to people in the pool who's cabin was more forward and they had Golden Dining room. Silver is my favorite.

But if you want to change your assignment you have a chance to go do that your first day. There will be a time in the Funtimes the first day and location to talk to maitre'd about changing.

Thanks - that's good to know. I'm Fwd (just a few rooms ahead of what is considered mid-ship) however many of my friends are in other parts of the ship - I guess we should get together to see where the majority are and go from there if possible. Thanks for the advice :-)

Thanks - that's good to know. I'm Fwd (just a few rooms ahead of what is considered mid-ship) however many of my friends are in other parts of the ship - I guess we should get together to see where the majority are and go from there if possible. Thanks for the advice :-)

You could get your reservations linked together and that should get you all at the same table. It's always good to double check once you get onboard to make sure the request was granted.

You would need to have a PvP or TA link all the booking numbers together .

Edited by AdrenalineRush