Bringing non-alcoholic beverages on board

goodfella398

Depends on where you are departing from and what kind of mood they are on that day. They might let you get away with say a 16 oz can rather than the 12 oz in the rules. But you just never know.

My question for you is what is your back up plan? When you are told you can't take it on board, are you willing to take it back to your car or throw it away? Those are really your only options. Unless you could get someone else to carry your extra if the quantity is the overage.

FYI in Galveston I have seen ice chests, mini wine bottles and soft drink thrown away so yes they are strict in Galveston sometimes. Last trip I saw a pre teen girl drinking a soft drink while waiting in line. If there was an inch in the bottom I would be surprised. They made her throw it away before going through security.

Depends on where you are departing from and what kind of mood they are on that day. They might let you get away with say a 16 oz can rather than the 12 oz in the rules. But you just never know.

My question for you is what is your back up plan? When you are told you can't take it on board, are you willing to take it back to your car or throw it away? Those are really your only options. Unless you could get someone else to carry your extra if the quantity is the overage.

FYI in Galveston I have seen ice chests, mini wine bottles and soft drink thrown away so yes they are strict in Galveston sometimes. Last trip I saw a pre teen girl drinking a soft drink while waiting in line. If there was an inch in the bottom I would be surprised. They made her throw it away before going through security.

Thank you. That's what I thought!

You can also restock at each port.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard as well as Carnival branded bottled water previously purchased onboard. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Edited by ohiogymrat

I have seen cases of soda/pop in the trash, yet they didn't stop me and my wife from taking 3 or 4 cases on any cruise. Back when water was allowed, we would take 2 cases of water and 3 cases of Pepsi for the 2 of us. We understood that they could require us to leave some, so were prepared to lose them. The only time was when they were opening the cases of Pepsi for inspection, one guard said we couldn't take them because Carnival was a Coke only operation. Hahahaha...move along!

The only time was when they were opening the cases of Pepsi for inspection, one guard said we couldn't take them because Carnival was a Coke only operation. Hahahaha...move along!

OMGoodnes, did you explain to the person that was WHY you were going to the trouble to lug the Pepsi onboard. Common sense is not so common.

Hubby and I look forward to meeting you Davey on our upcoming Splendor cruise. I have been reading your post for some time. We are like minded individuals.