Navigator heading to port of Miami

Peterh

Interesting you will go to Miami instaed of Port Everglades first since you were closer to Fort Lauderdale your home port. I found her on Marine Traffic.

Hope ill passenger will be okay.

That is strange. Maybe no where to dock? Hope the person is okay :(

PE was pretty much wide open; I think a Costa ship was in, but the port could still handle 6 or 7 megaships no problem.

Navigator never went to Miami port though; made a small loop offshore and has been heading due east for almost an hour.

I have always wondered why a helicopter wouldn't pick up rather than take the whole ship in?

I hope all is ok....

There are a lot of factors that go into determining if helicopter evacuation is even possible such as weather conditions or availability of a helicopter and distance from a port vs travel time of a helicopter (If one is available and can fly).

I was wondering why when I saw Sea Scanner earlier that it looked like the Navigator was coming from Miami

Strange indeed, they had to sail south past Fort Lauderdale two hours ago.

Keep in mind they have to head to a port where they have either 1) A crew to dock the ship ready to go or 2) a boat available to evacuate the passenger and then bring them to into port. Miami may have had a crew ready or a crew that would be ready to do one of the above prior to Port Everglades