Guarantee Cabin Question

RCmommy

Booked the Escape last night and took a guarantee mini suite for the first time. I noticed that on the invoice and my online reservation that next to cabin it says MX 8114. I'm assuming we have already been assigned a cabin? The day after? For a December sailing?

I am on hold with NCL. It seems obvious as there is a cabin number but I thought cabins were not assigned until after final payment up until the day before sailing.

I want to know because if that is the cabin I am going to switch. I KNEW I should never have booked a guarantee!!!

Lesson learned.

Yes it is possible to already be assigned a cabin. Although you booked a guarantee (category MX) there are 2 specific MX mini-suites, and 8114 is one of them. These 2 cabins are the same as the mini-suite with large balcony. You did quite well I think.

Yes it is possible to already be assigned a cabin. Although you booked a guarantee (category MX) there are 2 specific MX mini-suites, and 8114 is one of them. These 2 cabins are the same as the mini-suite with large balcony. You did quite well I think.

8114 has the large balcony? I was not excited to see how near the front of the ship it is.

I am on hold with NCL. It seems obvious as there is a cabin number but I thought cabins were not assigned until after final payment up until the day before sailing.

I want to know because if that is the cabin I am going to switch. I KNEW I should never have booked a guarantee!!!

Lesson learned.

Just like putting your money on the Roulette table. It's a gamble what you will get.

Ahhh...I see the deck plan now and the larger balcony.

Yes, it's far forward, but those minis with large balcony are very desirable cabins. You would actually have a balcony you can have loungers on. From a drinking/dining/entertaining perspective, it's a great location. For the pool deck, it's a quick elevator ride up.

You can ask to be assigned to a true MX GTY status, but you will forego your large balcony. You will still get a mini suite, but your balcony will be about 1/3 of the size (as most are 32 square feet, versus 80-100 for a large balcony).

Thanks everyone. I was told on the phone with NCL that when you book online for a guarantee the computer assigns you a cabin number right away. If you book on the phone your cabin is assigned 30 days out.

We booked into MX over the phone and were assigned a cabin right away. This was almost a year ago and the cabin has stayed the same the entire time.

There are two actual MX cabins on the -away ships and the Escape. If either of those cabins are available when you book, you'll be assigned to them. Regardless of whether you book on the phone or online. I was advised that the cabin could change.

If those two cabins are already assigned, you're booking into MX-gty and you'll be assigned a cabin later.