Transferring booking to TA

BigB0882

I sent an email to a TA to see what they say. May make a couple of calls to local places and see if they have anything to offer. Our group has a total of 4 rooms so if they can convince me to move my booking then I can try and convince the others to do the same. Maybe that will get the TA to give me even more perks. I suppose I shouldn't be greedy though, haha.

BigB - as you probably saw a couple posts were pulled for violating rules. Presume you received my email. Am sure it will work out. I would be sure to also speak with them tomorrow and let them know there are three others - always nice to have new business! If you get some $$ am sure the others will follow.

Happy Cruising!

Celebrity no longer requires a signed form to transfer a booking.

It's so easy now. When we book onboard we just give the the Celebrity Future Cruise representative the TA's contact info and it's all done. When we get back home we call the TA to ensure everything was transferred correctly. And then the TA gives the good news about additional OBC or other perks. Happy, Happy!

I did receive an email, I assume it was from you. Thanks.

That TA offered us an extra $375! That is above and beyond what I expected so I am very happy indeed. I am telling all the other people in our party to do the same, maybe she will send over something for the referrals. I gave her your name and email to let her know you referred me. :) Thanks again!

Oh, and one other question.

Does transferring a booking in any way negatively affect the PVP I worked with at Celebrity? He was great and very helpful, I would hate for him to lose any commission he may get (if they work on commission) or have it look bad on his record if he "lost" a booking.

I know the 123Go incentives were ship given, I booked it onboard.:rolleyes: Then I tried to transfer for extra OBC...

All I am saying is that when the cruiseline has already given you everything there is not much the agent can give. Those of you who got extra OBC good for you. I contacted more than 1 agency and the only thing 1 of them would give me that I didn't already have was $75 OBC and that only on one of her groups. If the 123Go is no longer in effect, and it isn't, it would not have paid to cx/rebook to her group to get the better rate because I would lose my original package, have to pay extra to get them back as the new Go Big/Bigger/Best deal offers plus the measly $75 agent OBC.

Anyway, that is what I was told....

The op stated she had the same deal on her cruise 123Go with the same perks.

The agency should not even know or care what perks you had from the cruise. They are essentially sharing with you some of their commission. Whether you received every perk possible from Celebrity is of no concern. I am not doubting your story but you talked to agents who were being stingy or didn't want new business.

Edited by BigB0882

[quote name=az_tchr;

A travel agent cannot legally give a "rebate" on a booking. They can' date=' however, legally and ethically offer any discount they wish seperately from anything booked thru the cruise line. This in effect is giving back part of their comission in the form of OBC. The allowance is determined by the TA (many do and most do not) both as to the offer and amount. The biggest TAs generally get the largest revenues and are most willing to reward loyal or potentially loyal customers.[/quote]

There must be a pretty standard rule of thumb TAs use. I checked with two of my favorites regarding the transfer of a recently booked cruise, and both of them came up with exactly the same amount which was 9.16% of the fare. That's an odd figure for it to be mere chance, not that I care. It is a handsome bonus on top of X's OBC. As others have noted, this was irrespective of the Go Best promotion we also received.

Edited by BosoxI