Nassau 12pm-8pm

jeeptp75

I have read a lot of thread about people asking for assistance on what to do while in Nassau and a lot of great suggestions. One thing I'm seeing is a lot of people are mentioning they are in port from like 7am-2pm and so on. Our cruise we do not get into port until 12pm and have until 8pm.

We were looking at doing something like a day pass to Melia or British Colonial Hilton but I am wondering if it is still worth it since we are getting to the Island so late? It will be dark by 5:30 or so on March correct? Are the pools still open? If we get to the dock at 12pm how long should it take us until we actually get to Melia or BCH and get to enjoy the pools or ocean?

This is our first cruise and we are very green so trying to make sure we spend our one day in Nassau as best as we can. Oh and we are taveling 2 adults and 2 kids 9 and 12.

Thank You

I would say 4 hours is more than enough time to enjoy the stay and get your money's worth! You pay $60, but get $40 in food/beverage credit, correct? So you can have plenty to eat and drink and enjoy the beach and pool. Would you really need to be there longer than 4-5 hours, anyway?

We were in Nassau on Jan. 8 from 12-7 and it still wasn't dark when we boarded the ship between 6 and 6:30pm. So, in March, it should be light for you up until boarding.

Read all the posts you can on the Bahamas board to get ideas and experiences. And I would suggest you look into Blue Lagoon. It is a shore excursion offered by many ships as well as direct.

Good luck and enjoy!