Need help with RCCL transfers from Galvestone

chukli

I am hoping someone has used the RCCL airport shuttle transfer from Galvestone to George Bush International (IAH), and can answer if these shuttle tickets sell very fast. I prefer to buy them on day of embarkation rather than before cruise sail date. My flight back to Canada departs 12.57pm, would the airport transfer shuttle drop me at airport in time? Also, would i be able to get off the ship in time to catch the airport shuttle? Do you purchase these airport transfers at Guest Services on board?

I did read about other options such as private services, but am worried they may not pick up at the requested time, and i won't have access to a cell phone.

I just cannot miss the flight!

Thanks for any help/advice/information.

We flew in to Hobby (not IAH) but did use RC transfers. We purchased in advance so not sure where to purchase on board but Guest Services would be a good place to start. Transfers in Oct. 2014 were $32 per person per way. If using RC transfers you will be given an early number to depart. All RC transfers are given early numbers. They want you off the ship and on the bus. The same bus will be picking up passengers at the airport to return to the ships in Galveston. Early in the day the buses fill quickly as all transfer people are getting off at the same time. We got to Hobby so early we had to wait a few hours to check in (similar departure time as yours). A 1PM departure should be easy.

• 8 months later...
We flew in to Hobby (not IAH) but did use RC transfers. We purchased in advance so not sure where to purchase on board but Guest Services would be a good place to start. Transfers in Oct. 2014 were $32 per person per way. If using RC transfers you will be given an early number to depart. All RC transfers are given early numbers. They want you off the ship and on the bus. The same bus will be picking up passengers at the airport to return to the ships in Galveston. Early in the day the buses fill quickly as all transfer people are getting off at the same time. We got to Hobby so early we had to wait a few hours to check in (similar departure time as yours). A 1PM departure should be easy.

TonyBuzz - Can you tell me a little bit about how it worked out when you flew into Hobby to go on the cruise? We have a flight that gets in around 8 AM the day of the cruise. I booked the transfer and was told on the phone anytime between 9 am and 12:30 but on the booking it says 12:30. So I am trying to be sure I am not going to be sitting at the airport until 12:30 that morning...

TonyBuzz - Can you tell me a little bit about how it worked out when you flew into Hobby to go on the cruise? We have a flight that gets in around 8 AM the day of the cruise. I booked the transfer and was told on the phone anytime between 9 am and 12:30 but on the booking it says 12:30. So I am trying to be sure I am not going to be sitting at the airport until 12:30 that morning...

With an 8am arrival you will be one of the first people to arrive. You will be on the first bus. You may have to wait until that bus fills. They have several buses and they send them as soon as they are full. We got to Hobby about 10am and several people were already waiting. When the headcount was correct, the bus pulled up and we were on our way. Same thing on the return. Get off quickly and head to the bus. Once it is full, it leaves. Hope this helps.

You must buy your airport return transfer reservation (no ticket involved) before the last day. I seem to remember the cut off day was Thurs. I always buy before it is offered in the Compass to be sure I get it before the cut off date. Don't remember the cost to IAH, but to Hobby it is $32 pp. Probably close to double for IAH. We have used Cruise Connection and Galveston Express for airport pick-up to Galveston and they both are great; on time and less expensive than RCI.