ES question

bluejay555

OK, this is my first time ever booking ES so bear with my questions!

I called for a price adjustment because according to carnival.com the fares had dropped $20 per person. I have 4 people in my group so I was expecting $80 deducted from my balance due. I previously had $100 OBC from the promotion when I originally booked, but the carnival rep said I'd lose $50 of that because now the promotion had changed. OK, I think I follow that. I got $100 off my balance though (which I thought should be $80 but oh well), so I'm $50 ahead! Yay! So I ask her if I should just call back every time I see the price has fallen and she says no, you have to make sure it's an ES price for your particular cabin class. (cove) Wait, what? How do I know that? When I check prices online it doesn't say if it's ES or not, does it? I'm confused. Could someone simplify the ES process for me?? :cool:

OK, this is my first time ever booking ES so bear with my questions!

I called for a price adjustment because according to carnival.com the fares had dropped $20 per person. I have 4 people in my group so I was expecting $80 deducted from my balance due. I previously had $100 OBC from the promotion when I originally booked, but the carnival rep said I'd lose $50 of that because now the promotion had changed. OK, I think I follow that. I got $100 off my balance though (which I thought should be $80 but oh well), so I'm $50 ahead! Yay! So I ask her if I should just call back every time I see the price has fallen and she says no, you have to make sure it's an ES price for your particular cabin class. (cove) Wait, what? How do I know that? When I check prices online it doesn't say if it's ES or not, does it? I'm confused. Could someone simplify the ES process for me?? :cool:

I booked ES rate after a few weeks later the past quest rate was cheaper. With the ES rate I had cheap 50% deposit. So the past guest rate was cheaper-- so I had to deposit all three to get that rate. a few weeks later the ES rate was cheaper plus a 75.00 cabin credit.

Since I am a past guest I was entitled to that-- and an ES rate too- up til sailing., Now if another sale comes out that i am entitled to that i better take that too-- LOL

use the fare viewer and know your cruise only price to compare the different sales

Thank you!

Your welcome.I visit Fareviewer every day and look for rate drops on my cabin class. So far, the Valor b2b we booked has dropped $300 and we have $100 OBC. The price can stay the same for weeks then drop several times over the next few weeks. Just make sure that sometimes you have to give up OBC to get a lower rate. Make sure things at least equal out. BTW, I call my PVP for every change that I make to ensure that I have not missed something in the "fine print"