Table for two in the MDR?

JacintaH

On previous cruises I have noticed tables for two in the MDR which seemed to be frequented by the same couples. I presume either they are allocated via traditional dining or a permanent booking for select dining. Does anyone know how this works?

I don't particularly enjoy eating in the MDR and less so because to date we have shared larger tables with others. If there is a next time cruising for us I would like to try and get a table for two but not sure how to go about it? Does anyone have suggestions?

Hi Jacinta

We sailed on the Eclipse and we were select dining we just asked the first night and it happened we then gave the maître de a time indication of when we would be dining on subsequent evenings and it worked out ok ,we have never accepted a shared table its not our thing ,sometimes we had a short wait but never excessive

On previous cruises I have noticed tables for two in the MDR which seemed to be frequented by the same couples. I presume either they are allocated via traditional dining or a permanent booking for select dining. Does anyone know how this works?

I don't particularly enjoy eating in the MDR and less so because to date we have shared larger tables with others. If there is a next time cruising for us I would like to try and get a table for two but not sure how to go about it? Does anyone have suggestions?

Hi. If you're on traditional timed dining you request a table for 2 when you make your cruise booking. I'm not sure for select dining though..

As the above post says request on booking.

On boarding go to the MDR and look at your table. If you haven't got what you want see the M'D at the door. There will be a queue of people all wanting to swap. They may not be able to do anything for you first night but they will try. Alternatively, as someone else said choose select and you will also be able to have a table for two.

Have a great cruise...

We too are like you and only wish to done with each other. On our first celebrity cruise this year with select dining I have gone into the website and booked our dining times for every night for just the two of us. We will also go to mdr when we get on board and confirm that we want to dine alone.

2 years back on the Silhouette we had Select Dining (1st time Select, always had Traditional on past Celebrity cruises). When the 3 of us (wife, son & me) went the first night the host seated us at very nice window table in the corner for 4. We really liked the waiter, the servers and the view so when we left we went to the hostess and requested that table for the next night. She said no problem and plugged our names with that table into the computer. Now it was when the MDR opened at 545p. From that night on we requested that table for that time for the remainder of the cruise and never had a problem getting it.

BTW, from that time on I always requested Select when booking a Celebrity cruise.

Edited by Banjo

I'm surprised that no one mentioned how the tables for two are often jammed in so close to other tables that you have to awkwardly ignore the person right at your elbow--or start exchanging pleasantries and end up with a virtual table for four (or six if you're between two other tables for two).