Wheelchair rental on board

dibati2

We have arranged a wheelchair rental on board for my Mother who can walk but tires easily

If you've done this before can you tell me where we would pick up the chair - Guest Relations Desk? Or is available at the registration area before boarding

With thanks

We have arranged a wheelchair rental on board for my Mother who can walk but tires easily

If you've done this before can you tell me where we would pick up the chair - Guest Relations Desk? Or is available at the registration area before boarding

With thanks

Did you rent a motor cart or wheel chair? On a cruise on the Summit I rented a motor cart for my Mother and also noted she would need assistance from checkin to ship. When we checked in the counter staff notified shoreside staff the my mother needed a transport. A staff person arrived promptly with a wheelchair and stayed with us until we boarded. A second person was waiting where cards are swiped and assisted my mother to the buffet. When we were able to access our cabin we found both the motor cart we rented and a wheelchair labeled Summit in the cabin. We had to ask the room steward to take one of the chairs from the room. We had booked a HA cabin, so I'm not sure if this is why we ended up with multiple chairs. Maybe we submitted multiple requests for chairs as part of the booking process??? At any rate, we thought the staff were very helpful and accommodating to my mother.

Thank you that's good to know.

We rented just a push along wheelchair to help navigate longer distances and to take with us off ship at the ports of call. Since we can fold it up when she doesn't need it I thought that would be more practical

I didn't think about it being in the cabin. - thank you I'll check that out first before talking to guest services

It's nice to know that the celebrity staff will help her boarding too. It's not that she can't walk but as you know boarding can be quite a distance

We rented just a push along wheelchair to help navigate longer distances and to take with us off ship at the ports of call. Since we can fold it up when she doesn't need it I thought that would be more practical

I didn't think about it being in the cabin. - thank you I'll check that out first before talking to guest services

It's nice to know that the celebrity staff will help her boarding too. It's not that she can't walk but as you know boarding can be quite a distance

Where/How did you rent this wheelchair? I have one reserved for embarkation in Ft.Lauderdale but was told I could not rent one for on ship? Was I given wrong information?

The ramp onto the ship can be quite steep, plus passengers typically have carry ones. The assistance was greatly appreciated.

Where/How did you rent this wheelchair? I have one reserved for embarkation in Ft.Lauderdale but was told I could not rent one for on ship? Was I given wrong information?

Try looking up special needs on the celebrity website. The rentals are not actually through Celebrity, but by several companies that service Celebrity ships.

Celebrity does not rent wheelchairs. What your TA did was to use one of two companies Celebrity recommends, either Special Needs at Sea or CareVacations. The wheelchair will be in your cabin soon after you arrive. At the end of your cruise you just leave it in your cabin and the company will pick it up. Celebrity will provide a wheelchair for embarkation and disembarkation only. They've never rented wheelchairs to passengers.

Celebrity does not rent wheelchairs. What your TA did was to use one of two companies Celebrity recommends, either Special Needs at Sea or CareVacations. The wheelchair will be in your cabin soon after you arrive. At the end of your cruise you just leave it in your cabin and the company will pick it up. Celebrity will provide a wheelchair for embarkation and disembarkation only. They've never rented wheelchairs to passengers.

I know about wheelchairs for embarkation and disembarkation as I have used that service in the past. I don't need a wheelchair while on board the ship but I certainly could use on to enjoy the port. I really just need it from ship to the street of the port because I can find a bench to rest when I need to while in the town. May have to remain on ship.