Solo gay travel ideas

riktorscale

There are a lot of gay options in Australia and New Zealand.

Turtle Cove in Cairns was very nice when I was there over 10 years ago. It's totally gay and the guys we met there were very friendly.

Autumn Farm in New Zealand is a gay clothing optional camp on the South Island.

Thailand would be an easy trip from Perth and has many gay options.

Pied Piper has a gay group cruise in Tahiti from 3/31/17 to 4/7/17. Pied Piper is actually cheaper than RSVP and Atlantis, at least in the States.

Edited by BayAreaBC

Hey, gayoung. Looking for some insight about gay cruises, trying to get my cousin to cruise with me and he's reluctant for many of the reasons noted in prior posts.

I can't really comment on Gay Cruises as I just take regular cruises. I find there are always quite a few gays on any cruise and so try to attend at least the first couple of LGBT get togethers

Thanks, primarily the same cruise line or is one better for LGBT cruisers?

For the past few years I have been using NCL as my primary line. I never like the fixed seating times Some days I feel like eating early, sometime late. Less structure overall. And now added that they are installing solo rooms in the past ships I also find that the line very LGBT friendly. The past few years there have usually been a group of 20 or more attending the first few gatherings creating a core group that usually end up spending dinner/after hours almost every day. When my husband was alive we travelled on Celebrity quite often as he liked the pampering and higher quality of service we received. I found them also to be LGBT friendly.

Madmantravel,, I have also used NCL on my last few cruises,, Mostly The ship Epic,,

The is a LGBT grop meet every evening at 7pm,, It is called friends of Dorothy.. They also have a very good drag show

I have been on the Epic a couple of times and not seen anything on a drag show....

• 2 weeks later...

We've done a couple of "gay" cruise but actually prefer the regular cruises. Yes, there is eye candy but so does traditional cruises. We did a transatlantic cruise a few years ago and met a guy who was traveling alone. We all had a blast together as we had also met other couples on the cruise. 6 other couples actually. :D

Personally I think an all gay cruise would be a little too OTT for me, however hanging out with others on cruise would be fun. I'm cruising with my partner on the Ovation of the Seas from Syd 15 Dec - 30th

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the input, you cruise sounds amazing. Happy cruising.