Cinque terre

Trixie21

I'm planning a combination ferry/ train, but leaving things open for flexibility.

To get an early start, planning a train to Riomaggiore. Then the ferry straight up to Monterosso and trains back to each town, taking the train back to La Spezia from Vernazza.

You're going to miss Corniglia and Manarolo if I read you correctly. You said you were taking trains to each town, but your ordering seems set to miss those two villages.

Riomaggiore is the southernmost village. Then you are taking a ferry up to Monterosso, the northernmost village. Then you are taking a ferry to Vernazza, the village next to Vernazza. Then take the train from Vernazza back to La Spezia. Were you going to hop off the train in Corniglia and Manarolo, also, or just go straight from Vernazza to La Spezia?

The order of the villages from South to North: Riomaggiore, Manarolo, Corniglia, Vernazza, Monterosso al Mare.

You're going to miss Corniglia and Manarolo if I read you correctly. You said you were taking trains to each town, but your ordering seems set to miss those two villages.

Riomaggiore is the southernmost village. Then you are taking a ferry up to Monterosso, the northernmost village. Then you are taking a ferry to Vernazza, the village next to Vernazza. Then take the train from Vernazza back to La Spezia. Were you going to hop off the train in Corniglia and Manarolo, also, or just go straight from Vernazza to La Spezia?

The order of the villages from South to North: Riomaggiore, Manarolo, Corniglia, Vernazza, Monterosso al Mare.

LOL...I saw that after and wondered if someone would catch it...meant train back from Manarolo.

OR, do you think it might be better train it up starting in Manarolo, doing each town going north and then taking ferry back to Riomaggiore? That way we would start with a less popular town...and probably get to the crown jewel (Vernazza) at late lunch time. It would be a attempt to get out of synch with the rest of the crowds.

Edited by buggins0402