Five Senses in Murano

Saturngrl

Has anyone ever experienced the Five Senses meal in Murano? My friend and I are considering doing this, probably while the ship is in port. Me thinks we may be able to negotiate a discounted price while the ship is docked in port and few people will dine on the ship that evening.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Yes - we did it last year on Equinox. It was really good, you get a reduced choice from the normal menu, plus wine pairings. If you've never done Wine pairing before and are interested what it is about then it;s a good time to try it ;-)

We made our booking on the first day for a couple of Specialities and were offered a good discount (20% I think) for all the meals.

You're on vacation - try it... if you don't like it go back another night to Murano and have the normal menu !!

:-)

Saturngrl, we've done Five Senses a few times, but have eaten in Murano many times. You would probably enjoy trying Five Senses at least once, but you are limited in menu choices and it is a lot more wine than we would normally drink. After experiencing Five Senses once, you might prefer the regular menu and being able to choose from a broader menu and maybe just a few glasses of wine..

Has anyone ever experienced the Five Senses meal in Murano? My friend and I are considering doing this, probably while the ship is in port. Me thinks we may be able to negotiate a discounted price while the ship is docked in port and few people will dine on the ship that evening.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Is the price reduced if you have a drink package?

Absoutley wonderful! There is no reduced cost, it is $89.00

Having a drink pkg matters not, but there is a good amount of wine's included.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-murano#

Thoughts? Suggestions?

We did this tasting in the equivalent restaurant on the Constellation a few months ago. It was the best meal we had on the ship (we ate mostly in Luminae) and I say this as someone who does not generally care for rich, traditional French-style haute cuisine. We had the premium drinks package and there was no adjustment in the wine prices, but it seemed like they were probably a bit better than those included in our package. It's a lot of wine, so be prepared and remember to drink water between courses!

There are two dishes to choose between for each course. My husband got everything on the left--I got everything on the right--that worked quite well for trying a wide variety of dishes. Having done this once I can't say I'm in a rush to repeat it on our next cruise, but I am glad we did so last time.

My wife and I did Five Senses on the Equinox and really enjoyed the meal and the sommelier's wine pairing. Since I didn't care for the 2 entrée choices given, the waiter was kind enough to allow me to order another choice from the menu. The sommelier was I thought quite generous with wine pouring. :) We did not have a beverage package so we thought it was a reasonable cost but not sure I would feel the same with a package.

I wonder if you went to Murano for a normal meal with a drinks package whether the sommelier would do wine pairing for you within the limits of your package

We dined in Murano in 2013 with friends who had the Classic pkg, they were taken very good care of. We had the Premium pkg.

2014 & 2015 we dinned in all the Specialitys on the Equinox a number of times. The wine recommend by the SOM fit our packages and was wonderful.

I wonder if you went to Murano for a normal meal with a drinks package whether the sommelier would do wine pairing for you within the limits of your package

They will do that in ANY restaurant. The sommeliers LOVE to do that. It's what they do!

I like that on the premium package you only pay the up charge on wines over the limit. We got to try some really nice wines with our meals in Luminae last fall.

That's how we really like to do Murano, too - order what we want on the full menu and have the expertise of the sommelier pair up the courses.

It's a better deal as we had really really great wines and our total per person was not even close to $89.