Cabin by Elevator?!

eileen108

We booked our MSC Cruise in August, to sail in April. We got the cheapest balcony cabin but a nice one, 9166 which jutted out so no cabin beside ours, no empty spaces and no elevator nearby (love the quiet!).

Well I just checked MSC website and we have been 'upgraded' to 'Aurea' cabin 12124 - directly in front of the elevator and right under the noisy pool area!

Has anyone been in that area and can you hear noise from the room or balcony? I want to call up to request another room shuffle!:eek:

We booked our MSC Cruise in August, to sail in April. We got the cheapest balcony cabin but a nice one, 9166 which jutted out so no cabin beside ours, no empty spaces and no elevator nearby (love the quiet!).

Well I just checked MSC website and we have been 'upgraded' to 'Aurea' cabin 12124 - directly in front of the elevator and right under the noisy pool area!

Has anyone been in that area and can you hear noise from the room or balcony? I want to call up to request another room shuffle!:eek:

Maybe a non upgrade, upgrade they often are.

We always get a room near the elevator (mobility issues) never been an issue, but under the pool deck I avoid, that has been an issue.

Pool deck is not above you.

According to the Orchestra layout, the Lift that is right beside us on Deck 12, leads one deck up to the 'Acapulco Pool Area' on Deck 13.

Sorry but you never stated the ship. If that is the case then i would not stay in a cabin below the pool.

• 3 weeks later...

Already I've called three times and a nice rep forwarded me two emails she wrote to her supervisor, requesting the unwanted "upgrade" be downgraded to quieter cabins, to no avail. We even mentioned a medical condition that would be disturbed by loud noises. For the next cruise we will definitely ask for NO UPGRADES!

• 2 months later...

Thank goodness, all in all the cabin wasn't so bad. The first day I heard the racket of people settling in but after that, not much sound in the hallways. No noise from the quiet elevators.

Since the room was closer to the elevator than the pool deck chairs, we didn't hear those (except for one morning when I woke up at 3:30am and went outside to the balcony, then I heard scratching deck chairs being arranged).

Mostly we were so exhausted from busy days that we immediately sank into a comatose-like sleep every night so noise was not an issue.