Fort Lauderdale Hotels that offer 'day rates'?

tcdtcd

I'm sure this has been discussed here, so my apologies in advance. I tried to search this forum numerous times, only to get the dreaded white screen!:mad:

Are there any hotels on the beach/marina or nearby which offer day rates? We'll be arriving back in FtL from our cruise on Dec 28 and our flight doesn't depart until early evening. We thought it would be nice just to hang out at a hotel beach/pool for the day and decompress from our 10 days on the Star Princess. The good news is, its midweek...the bad news is its Christmas week. Not sure if any of the nicer hotels will be offering day rates at that time.

Any of you experienced cruisers or FtL natives have some ideas for us? Thanks!

We are returning from our cruise on 2/18. I have soooo long to wait. You on the other hand are right around the corner. If you do the day hotel I hope you will let me know what one you decide on and what you did for transportation.

Ten days, that is fantastic. We've been moving up one day a year since our first cruise in 04. That was a 4 day. So our first 10 day I guess will be in 2010. Have a great cruise.

Jerseygirl3 Thanks for the information. There will be 4 of us. Do you think we could get one day room? How did you get from the pier to the hotel? How about transportation to the airport?

Thanks for you help. Hope you had a wonderful cruise.

Four in a one room is not a problem.

If you're going to the Marina Marriott, it's just outside the entrance to the port. Just grab a taxi, it's the cheapest, easiest way.

From Marina Marriott to FLL is about 10 minutes, a taxi is again the best, easiest way.

Archived