Speciality Restaurant charges

Hen2703

Thanks soo much everyone for all the comments/tips! New to CC and forums so still trying to navigate around...hope I manage to post this correctly..

At first, I was thinking to make reservations online before we board but after reading all the tips, we are minded to wait until we are on board before we do. I'm guessing the restaurants will be less inclined to offer discounts if you already have a reservation. Only down side is, if we want a window seat these may be booked out but we'll just have to see :)

Thanks again for all your feedback!! We're super excited about this trip!! :D

Along with the discount at Tuscan Grille, we were offered a window seat if we came early. Was lovely.

Happy sailing

Welcome to CC.

The only specialty restaurants I can think of with al la carte pricing is Kai Sushi on Princess and some if the ships with Specialty Burger joints, but then there is no entry fee just per item, usually works out less than any entry fee anyway

What Princess ship has a Specialty Restaurant named Kai Sushi?

On Reflection you have a wider choice of specialty restaurants, Murano is $50pp and Tuscan Grill is $45pp. The price charged is all inclusive of gratuity. Check out your cruiseplanner for all the info.

If you want 7.30-8.30 reservation time, I would recommend you book as early in the cruise as possible as these are the most popular and are always busy. The 6.30 and 9.30 slots are the least popular and if these times are acceptable, push for a discount - if you don't ask....

Many people say that why pay extra when you can dine well in the MDR for no charge. Believe me the difference is like eating in MacDonalds compared to the finest restaurant in your area, definitely worth the experience. The service, ambience, quality, all surpass what you will experience in the MDR. The only problem is you then become more critical of the quality of the food served in the MDR, you can't win.......

We must be spoiled but, we've done all the specialty restaraunts on both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, and they can't hold a candle to some of the ones around here, and less money. Better than the Main Dining room? Yes, but not worth the up charge, not even with the discounts that normally available.

What Princess ship has a Specialty Restaurant named Kai Sushi?

From the princess web site:

An exquisitely decorated traditional sushi bar, serving up sushi and sashimi expertly prepared before your eyes. Dine at the sushi bar or enjoy an elegant restaurant experience.

Available on Diamond Princess and Sun Princess.