Deal Alert-Thanksgiving on Freedom 11/20/16

I just booked this cruise. I have not seen a balcony cabin available on Royal Caribbeam for under $700 per person of a 6 night or longer cruise. I was able to get two hump cabins on deck 6 for that price. The balcony is cheaper than an ocean view room. $200 in onboard credit per cabin is included. That is a steal. It is about what carnival charges for a similar itinerary. I wonder how long the sale will last.

Edited by Roseflyer

I have not seen a balcony cabin available on Royal Caribbeam for under $700 per person of a 6 night or longer cruise.

A major online TA is offering balconies for $639-$679 with $300 obc during the months of Oct-Dec 2016 (excluding holiday sailings) on 7 night Liberty out of Galveston.

We have a group of friends going on Nov 13 and several of us got GS cabins for $1200 pp with $300 obc, free specialty dining and free spa treatment. Shortly after that they shot up to $2200 pp before selling out.

:)

Edited by WilsonFamilyNRH

Just saw this price drop!

Freedom of the Seas Western -( Fort Lauderdale, Florida; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico) 6 night

E3 Balcony for 696 before taxes with a 200 OBC.

I am on the Royal website right now....looking at this sailing specifically. We are Crown and Anchor Diamonds, and if we put in our status and Florida residence and seniors we get an E3 for $609 per person (before taxes and without insurance) but no OBC. So I am wondering what you are seeing to get the OBC....because no where can we find that.

BTW, we booked it.

Freedom of the Seas Western -( Fort Lauderdale, Florida; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico) 6 night

Also, c/a discounts are not combinable with the 50.00 "flash" sale they are having.

The net differential between what you have stated and what we got using our C&A Discount was $25 less and I don't have to spend more on the overall cruise cost to wait for the $200 in money to be spent on board the ship.

Using the comparison as follows by doing a mock booking on an E2 balcony cabin:

Cruise $1925.98 - 482 (BOGOHO) - 50 (Flash Discount) = $1393.98 With this pricing you get a $200 OBC to use on board -- but the COST of the cruise is higher.

Alternative using C&A Discount at Diamond Level:

Cruise $1925.98 - 482 (BOGOHO) - 225 (C&A discount) = $1218.98.

I would rather have my out of pocket for the cruise itself to be less.....I have other ways to 'cash in points' to use as OBC on the cruise.

Edited by Paulette3028

Not a bad price, though it is 6-day cruise. JS price is very high.

Yes, the JS prices were high -- we looked at them before we booked the E2 cabin. This is almost the exact same amount that we paid for our cruise in Nov 15 when we sailed on Indy over the exact same holiday week.

The net differential between what you have stated and what we got using our C&A Discount was $25 less and I don't have to spend more on the overall cruise cost to wait for the $200 in money to be spent on board the ship.

Using the comparison as follows by doing a mock booking on an E2 balcony cabin:

Cruise $1925.98 - 482 (BOGOHO) - 50 (Flash Discount) = $1393.98 With this pricing you get a $200 OBC to use on board -- but the COST of the cruise is higher.

Alternative using C&A Discount at Diamond Level:

Cruise $1925.98 - 482 (BOGOHO) - 225 (C&A discount) = $1218.98.

I would rather have my out of pocket for the cruise itself to be less.....I have other ways to 'cash in points' to use as OBC on the cruise.

Those are the numbers I got as well as a Diamond Member. I opted for the OBC since it comes out $25 cheaper. I have 2 rooms and for 5 people and that OBC and the TA OBC will cover the tips.

Those are the numbers I got as well as a Diamond Member. I opted for the OBC since it comes out $25 cheaper. I have 2 rooms and for 5 people and that OBC and the TA OBC will cover the tips.

We have been watching the prices for this cruise for awhile, since we do like to cruise that week. The price drop was very nice since what we had been seeing was $300 or more higher for the cabin we chose.

Everyone looks at overall costs differently. Our out of pocket for the cruise is $609 pp. I have the potential of some OBC to cover tips and since 'out of pocket spending onboard' is unpredictable, I want the best up front out of pocket expense.

I would have liked you to share the rest of the details up front. It surely is a wonderful price and gives people less to compare if they are lower in the C&A Society or not a C&A member. For Diamonds it is not as simple and for D+ who get $25 more more their C&A discount it would be a total wash.

After we get back from our upcoming cruise on Her Majesty, I will join the Roll Call for the cruise.....see you onboard.

Edited by Paulette3028

Many thanks irishgal432! Thanks for posting the price drop. We had 5 balcony cabins in a row booked on the Freedom for a Thanksgiving family cruise. I called this morning and got the price reduced. You saved us mucho dollars, YAY. :)

Many thanks irishgal432! Thanks for posting the price drop. We had 5 balcony cabins in a row booked on the Freedom for a Thanksgiving family cruise. I called this morning and got the price reduced. You saved us mucho dollars, YAY. :)

I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the price drop for your family.

Thanks for letting us know. I did call and unfortunately the price I have with taxes was $1571.60 for the 2 of us for E3 Balcony and they couldn't do any better than that. I do only have a $95 OBC and they said they weren't offering any more than that at this point. I will keep checking on price reductions because we don't sail until February 2017. Thanks again.