AOS-Can we bring a case of water bottles?

sbaker

Leaving out of San Juan next week on Adventure of the Seas. Can we take a case of water bottles with us? If so, do we have to carry it on with us, or is there some way we can check it with our luggage? Do they sell cases of water bottles on the ship? I know that several years ago on a Disney ship, we were able to buy a case on the first day at a great discount.

There is ice water aplenty on the ship..every bar and eating venue..and you cabin has water! Add ice, since tap water isn't cold.

Yes..if you want to bring some...sure...they say it's not allowed, but it's seldom enforced. Put it in something with HANDLES, if you want to check it.

Leaving out of San Juan next week on Adventure of the Seas. Can we take a case of water bottles with us? If so, do we have to carry it on with us, or is there some way we can check it with our luggage? Do they sell cases of water bottles on the ship? I know that several years ago on a Disney ship, we were able to buy a case on the first day at a great discount.

You can get a case of water at the duty free shop inside the terminal, and carry them on.

You can get a case of water at the duty free shop inside the terminal, and carry them on.

thank you! wasn't sure how we'd have time to pick up a case before sailing.

can i hope it might be a bit less expensive than purchasing individal bottles on the cruise?;)

Edited by keishashadow

thank you! wasn't sure how we'd have time to pick up a case before sailing.

can i hope it might be a bit less expensive than purchasing individal bottles on the cruise?;)

Much less expensive, but they are 1L bottles, not the small ones.

Edited by clarea

Is this the same at Port Canaveral?

No, Port Canaveral does not have a duty free shop within the terminal. Also, our experience at Port Canaveral has been that the porters have refused an obvious case of water, so we now put the water in a suitcase.

Hi Bob,

I"m curious during spring break? What happened, was the water sealed in a 24 case, or open, what port was it leaving from? And what happened when they wouldn't let you bring it on carry on luggage, did you just leave the water , there?

thanks

cj

the reason I am so curious, i only drink purified water, in very large amounts.

I always take on a case of water, usually two cases, as I am a big water drinker. I pack a strong grocery bag with handles and put my water in it, and put a luggage tag on it. Do not tie the handles together with the luggage tag, as it may break when picked up, just leave the top of the bag open and put the luggage tag on one of the handles. I've done this from most ports including Fort Lauderdale on Royal Caribbean. Never had a problem and the water has been delivered to my room with my luggage and it usually has a security tag on it that says it was checked. Hope this helps. I've also included some cans/bottles of pop at times.

Hi Bob,

I"m curious during spring break? What happened, was the water sealed in a 24 case, or open, what port was it leaving from? And what happened when they wouldn't let you bring it on carry on luggage, did you just leave the water , there?

thanks

cj

the reason I am so curious, i only drink purified water, in very large amounts.

This was at Port Canaveral. We bought a case of water, shrink wrapped. Attached luggage tags to it. Tried to give it to the porters, but they refused it, saying they were not allowed. So we picked it up and tried to carry it on, but the security people would not even examine it, just told us it was not allowed. They did offer to hold it for us until we got back, but it was only $4 and we were flying home after the cruise, so I just left it.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for the reply, lesson learned for me is to put the water in a covered bag. The last time i took , shrink wrapped water with a luggage tag on @the drop off luggage, they took the water, no problems, but the water never arrived. An it wasn't in the naughty room, either.

Will, be going on the Vision in April, really excited!!