Ship changing departure time

smarks

Hi my fellow cruisers. I have a question for you. Have any of you had a ship to change departure time. I have 2 journey cruise booked. The earliest one is in 2 weeks. I have just looked at my documents and saw that our ship departure time has changed from 4:00PM to 6:00PM. My docs. boarding time has changed to 12:30 to 5:00 out of Port Canaveral. My question is, if your ship time was changed for leaving port, was you allowed to board at you usual time? Some people have early dinner at 6. The hotels run you out early. I have no problem with this but Carnival isn't sharing much info. If you have experienced this please share. I am curious if this is going to be the new boarding time for Journey cruises. Thanks for the replies.

I cant answer your questions about what carnival is going to do about boarding, sorry. I can confirm though that my Vista journeys cruise has also had the departure time moved back to 6pm. I think this is going to become the normal time for journeys cruises.

Hi my fellow cruisers. I have a question for you. Have any of you had a ship to change departure time. I have 2 journey cruise booked. The earliest one is in 2 weeks. I have just looked at my documents and saw that our ship departure time has changed from 4:00PM to 6:00PM. My docs. boarding time has changed to 12:30 to 5:00 out of Port Canaveral. My question is, if your ship time was changed for leaving port, was you allowed to board at you usual time? Some people have early dinner at 6. The hotels run you out early. I have no problem with this but Carnival isn't sharing much info. If you have experienced this please share. I am curious if this is going to be the new boarding time for Journey cruises. Thanks for the replies.

When you can board depends on when the ship gets back and the prior cruises completes disembarkation. If the ship is back at the usual time you can board at the usual time. If it isn't then you are going to have to wait.

If this change is for only one or two voyages there is probably some maintenance or an inspection that they are going to carry out, maybe with divers in the water.

All you can do is go with the flow.

Its happened to us a few times in two dozen cruises.

Usually the boarding times are adjusted to match the delayed departure time but you'll be on board prior to any early sitting dining time.

Muster drill is usually held in plenty of time to get people to their dinner. They're pretty good about getting people where they need to be given the delayed boarding/departure schedule.

Thanks everybody for the replies. All responses make sense and some of them I haven't thought about. I was just hoping that they would let us board at the usual time around 11 if it is just for re-stocking supplies. I would much rather hang out on the ship than in a hotel lobby. I will be finding out for sure in two weeks. I will come back and let you know how boarding is handled. Thanks again everybody.