First time Platinum questions

jayman31

The platinum party is not the same. They dont show the ships and have everyone cheer if you have been on it. They play three games that they never played at the old party. Once is guess how many pieces of candy in the container. The other is identify the ships and the last is officer recognition. I enjoyed it.

They did play the movie at the ones I've gone to recently. Sounds like they vary by ship staff because we never played games.

The laundry bags are very easy to tear, thin paper. If you roll things up you can get more into the bag. I set mine out in the morning and get it back about 7:30 pm nicely folded and really clean. Plan the dirty excursions early so you can get the mud off the clothes and don't have to carry very dirty clothes home!

Edited by crusinpsychRN

There were no guessing games on Sunshine in May. We did cheer for the ships. It was a much more intimate affair with less than 100 people. A lot more mingling with the "upper" staff folks. Food was still so-so. Drinks were quick to be delivered. Can't wait to go next month!

I didn't notice FTTF on my tags but mine said Priority (we were also 1st time platinum on a recent cruise). Not sure why you would want both as Priority get treated better than FTTF when embarking.

The best option is to have Priority and the FTTF logo on your boarding pass / luggage tags.

Having your room ready when you board and getting early delivery of your luggage is not part of the Platinum or Diamond perks. It became available on ships as they began offering FTTF. Platinum and Diamond cruises are given free FTTF so they get those perks as well as Priority.

I believe all ships now have FTTF but early on it was rolled out to a few ships at a time, so there was a time you could have Priority and not FTTF.

Also Suites get Priority boarding and debarkation, but don't get FTTF.