First time Platinum questions

jayman31

Just curious, my next cruise brings us to Platinum level, should our luggage tags say Faster to the Fun even though we didn't purchase that? I thought PRIORITY was all it should say?

Is the Past Guest Party the same as the old one when we were Gold with just less people?

Laundry...can we leave items to be laundered at our leisure or only on specified days?

Thanks for your help everyone...

Just curious, my next cruise brings us to Platinum level, should our luggage tags say Faster to the Fun even though we didn't purchase that? I thought PRIORITY was all it should say?

Is the Past Guest Party the same as the old one when we were Gold with just less people?

Laundry...can we leave items to be laundered at our leisure or only on specified days?

Tags are correct

Party is the same

Laundry any day

Your boarding pass will say priority and at the port the luggage handlers should see that and put the FTTF tag on the suitcases as well so that they are delivered first - and your cabin should be ready upon boarding.

Laundry can be sent as required - you should have the 'bags' and forms to complete in your cabin - if not ask the steward for some. They will ask for your folio number on the form and I usually write platinum in big letters and 'free/no cost' at the bottom of the form.

When you do check your folio however you may see a $15 charge for the laundry but it should then show a $15 credit as well....

The $15 credit stumped me every time until one day I asked. It's because they will "charge" you for the laundry, but obviously the credit offsets. The tags will say FTTF because of the FTTF that can be purchased. The difference is those who just purchased FTTF will only have the FTTF image on it, where platinum and above will have Priorty and FTTF. I personally think that the party is better, (not that I had an issue with the party before), but yes, there are less people, I think the food is better and the interaction with the ship officer crew is a bit better - but that's just me.

For platinums: your luggage tags will show priority but will also have a FTTF logo on them for a reason not important to you. Just ensure the person that takes your luggage portside knows to place that orange sticker on your luggage. Platinums will show both priority and FTTF logo on your luggage tags. The "platinum" party will be on the last night of your cruise and you'll receive an invitation in your cabin. The party will be the same as in the past and attendance will depend on how many platinums are on your cruise. Your wash and fold platinum laundry benefit applies to any day of your choosing.

Might get a few frowns on this, but on embarkation day if you arrive early start moving toward the boarding cue when they call for wedding parties. Even with the new staggered boarding times in Galveston we had to work our way around a decent size crowd of people waiting for groups to be called.

Also, the crew members at the elevator landings would rather be anywhere else but there. They are usually aggressive guarding the closed doors leading to the cabins. Make their lives a little easier and have your card out and ready to show them you have access due to status.

If you elect to go to guest services and the line is busy be prepared for the virtual arrows people launch at you. Trust me...

Edited by BallFour4

The platinum party is not the same. They dont show the ships and have everyone cheer if you have been on it. They play three games that they never played at the old party. Once is guess how many pieces of candy in the container. The other is identify the ships and the last is officer recognition. I enjoyed it.

The platinum party is not the same. They dont show the ships and have everyone cheer if you have been on it. They play three games that they never played at the old party. Once is guess how many pieces of candy in the container. The other is identify the ships and the last is officer recognition. I enjoyed it.

Yes, it's a much nicer party. There were about 100 or so people at each of the parties on our recent Glory B2B.

I ordered Chocolate Mocha-Getaway, and it came in the nice fancy glass. At previous parties, they came in a small water glass. I received a 2nd Chocolate Mocha-getaway which I took with me to my cabin, put it in the fridge, and had it after dinner. Of course, it wasn't as good after sitting, but I enjoyed it anyway. I didn't take it with me to dinner because I had wine waiting for me.

--- your luggage tags will say both priority and FTTF.

--- the diamond and platinum party is very similar to what it was before but just less crowded. Despite the decreased crowd size it took forever to get a drink and the only appetizers they served in the area where I was sitting contained crab meat to which I'm severely allergic so I didn't think it was such a great party.

--- you get to do two or three bags of laundry depending upon the length of the cruise. Of those bags you can do all three at once, or one of the time as you wish. When you're ready to do laundry just stuff the bag full, fill out the form, and leave both sitting on the bed for your room steward to pick up when he comes to clean that morning.

I sailed last in June and August last summer. I would think that each sailing might vary on the party depending on the number of diamonds and platinum's on that cruise.

The party is now held in a small lounge, with a table set up with the items to guess. On my last cruise we could guess the baby picture on the table that matched staff at the party (cruise director, assit cruise director, hotel director, captain, etc.) There was also a tub with ice cold beers or you could order a drink. Also there was a guess the number of some kind of candy in a jar.

I think the parties were a bit different at the June and August parties, but they were both small with no problem finding a place to sit or getting a drink.

As others have said there is no more showing of the ships on a film. Also the staff were mingling with the guests and greeted you as you enter the lounge.

They dont show the ships and have everyone cheer if you have been on it.

Yes they do!!!! :D I was just on a B2B on the Breeze and went to the Platinum/Diamond party on both cruises. At both parties, they showed all the ships and people cheered for the ones they were on, it was fun!! :D They also had tons of drinks being carried around (or you could go to the bar and get whatever you wanted) and lots of different appetizers. I really enjoyed both parties.

Edited by Avril

Might get a few frowns on this, but on embarkation day if you arrive early start moving toward the boarding cue when they call for wedding parties. Even with the new staggered boarding times in Galveston we had to work our way around a decent size crowd of people waiting for groups to be called.

Also, the crew members at the elevator landings would rather be anywhere else but there. They are usually aggressive guarding the closed doors leading to the cabins. Make their lives a little easier and have your card out and ready to show them you have access due to status.

If you elect to go to guest services and the line is busy be prepared for the virtual arrows people launch at you. Trust me...

HA......I've never thought of "No Ma'am/Sir, you may not enter until 1:30" as being aggressive. :rolleyes:

HA......I've never thought of "No Ma'am/Sir, you may not enter until 1:30" as being aggressive. :rolleyes:

Neither would we had that been the case. Made our 25th last month and for the most part they stand at those landings and say "folks, cabins aren't open until 1:30."

They are also bombarded with questions and since we book lido deck cabins we usually encounter what I describe. I'll see if it happens again on the Magic in a few...

Edited by BallFour4

I didn't notice FTTF on my tags but mine said Priority (we were also 1st time platinum on a recent cruise). Not sure why you would want both as Priority get treated better than FTTF when embarking.

Laundry is 3 bags per platinum so if you and your spouse are turning platinum, that's 6 bags total. Depending on how much laundry ups do, you may want to roll up items very tight when they get out in the laundry bag to get as many items in there that you can.

We decided to skip the diamond and platinum party as they scheduled it at 4 ish and we had late sitting. No way I'm dressing up 4 hours before dinner just for a few free drinks. We think the cheering for the ships you've sailed is a little cheesy

We received the duffle bag as our platinum gift.

Edited by LuckyZ

I didn't notice FTTF on my tags but mine said Priority (we were also 1st time platinum on a recent cruise). Not sure why you would want both as Priority get treated better than FTTF when embarking.

Laundry is 3 bags per platinum so if you and your spouse are turning platinum, that's 6 bags total. Depending on how much laundry ups do, you may want to roll up items very tight when they get out in the laundry bag to get as many items in there that you can.

We decided to skip the diamond and platinum party as they scheduled it at 4 ish and we had late sitting. No way I'm dressing up 4 hours before dinner just for a few free drinks. We think the cheering for the ships you've sailed is a little cheesy

We received the duffle bag as our platinum gift.

No need to dress up for the party.

There is no longer cheering for ships that you've been on at the parties. They have a couple games going on such as guessing ships from photos, guessing how many of certain items are in a bowl, etc. There was a drink area set up (separate from the bar) that had a couple different kinds of beer (I think Sam Adams was one) and a big container of something else...not sure what it was. And the waiter service was great. Some handing out appetizers, some getting drinks.

Neither would we had that been the case. Made our 25th last month and for the most part they stand at those landings and say "folks, cabins aren't open until 1:30."

They are also bombarded with questions and since we book lido deck cabins we usually encounter what I describe. I'll see if it happens again on the Magic in a few...

So just what did they say to make you think they were aggressive because what's highlighted above certainly isn't. In fact, I have yet to see an aggressive move on the part of any Carnival employee after 9 cruises with them.

Yes they do!!!! :D I was just on a B2B on the Breeze and went to the Platinum/Diamond party on both cruises. At both parties, they showed all the ships and people cheered for the ones they were on, it was fun!! :D They also had tons of drinks being carried around (or you could go to the bar and get whatever you wanted) and lots of different appetizers. I really enjoyed both parties.

There is no longer cheering for ships that you've been on at the parties. They have a couple games going on such as guessing ships from photos, guessing how many of certain items are in a bowl, etc.

Yes there is!! See my earlier post (quoted above yours). They had the games you described at our parties as well, people seemed to be enjoying them. :D

Yes there is!! See my earlier post (quoted above yours). They had the games you described at our parties as well, people seemed to be enjoying them. :D

It must be varying by ship then. Many times ship staff determines the way things are done. I just know this was not done on the Liberty in March of 2015, Paradise in September of 2015, or the Pride in October of 2015. I guess I will find out if it is done on the Conquest later this month! :D Either way, I will have a great time at the party, for sure!

It must be varying by ship then. Many times ship staff determines the way things are done. I just know this was not done on the Liberty in March of 2015, Paradise in September of 2015, or the Pride in October of 2015. I guess I will find out if it is done on the Conquest later this month! :D Either way, I will have a great time at the party, for sure!

Was done on our Conquest B2B, both parties, last month.