Theatre shows on Equinox

Ce U At Ce

Life, The Set, and Elysium are the theater shows. The band is Take Five. They play around the pool, in the foyer and in Sky Lounge. Just off Equinox today, Februa

Alejandro is the cruise director for the next two cruises. Captain Leo will be leaving halfway thru the February 12 cruise.

We were on the Equinox 2 weeks ago, they had a comedian who's name I can't remember but he was very good, had a Beatles tribute band: Hard Day's Night, also good, and a magician who was very good. The comedian also participated in the Liar's Club (not to be missed, hysterical). Dancing with the Stripes was a late night show, (10:30) and that was also very good. They also had a jazz band, I think Southern Jazz, 3 women and 1 man, they were very good. Played in Ensemble Lounge and the Grand Foyer.

We just finished a back to back, January 22, and February 1 sailings. The comedian on the January 22 sailing was Wayne Cotter. Very funny guy. He participated in Liar's club which was quite entertaining (think side splitting laughter). Captain Leo really made the show, but unfortunately, he is leaving the ship.

I didn't care for Dancing with the Strips, especially the second cruise as it got way out of control. Celebrity had a real dance contest at one time in addition to Dancing with the Strips, but the dance contest appears to be gone.

While I greatly appreciate the talents of the performers, none of the six of us enjoyed the theater shows. All of the shows seem to focus on the aerialists. Although they are very talented, it makes the shows repetitive.

The magician was Jason Bishop.

We enjoyed Hard Days Night (Beatles tribute band) and the Unexpected Boys (Four Seasons tribute) on the first cruise and Tenors of Rock on the second.

Jayne Curry did two shows on the second cruise and was very entertaining. Don't miss her if you have the chance to see her performance.