Nervous after transferring cruise to TA

jabrown40

So, after reading others posts about the many perks received, I went ahead and transferred my 2017 cruise to a TA company that was recommended. I have completed the transfer and noted on My Celebrity it states that my original booking has been cancelled. I received an email from Celebrity thanking me for booking the cruise (which now has a new booking number.) It has the correct cabin, but I did note that it now states traditional dining instead of Select. I'm not sure this is a problem because we will be using Blu and specialty restaurants. When I added the new booking number to My Celebrity, it states that the reservation is on courtesy hold for 24 hours. I have sent an email to the TA to see if the booking is complete, but am I in danger of losing the hold on the booking? Thanks!

I had that happen when I transferred a booking to a TA. In order for them to give me all the perks plus extra OBC from the TA, they had to rebook the sailing as a new one. I did get a new booking # because of that and I saw on the Celebrity website that the new booking was on hold. You should be able to check in with your TA and confirm that everything is OK tomorrow.

Also, because you are in Blu, there is some reason that dining is listed as traditional instead of select, but I am not sure why.

Edited by montekat

I think you can relax, OP. I have seen one of my TA booked cruises listed as a 24 hour hold for several weeks. I knew it was fine. The cabin we had chosen was listed as unavailable and our credit card transaction was completed. Try not to worry, and one day you'll see the status change. The website is ATROCIOUS!

I booked my upcoming X cruise with JetBlue Cruises (not my usual jam - I like to control it, but it was the blizzard weekend, they had a good deal going... yeah) and it showed up as "courtesy hold" for the first bit but within 24 hours showed as confirmed. So keep an eye on it, but I wouldn't stress too much.

I'm also booked AquaClass but it shows traditional dining - I've been assured by people on here that I CAN go to Blu at any time and not the "assigned" 6pm.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart