Bermuda - Summit or Grandeur

LemonNeko

I'm trying to decide between the Summit or Grandeur for August. It will be three of us, me (40), my mom (62), and my son (4).

The size of ship and amenities look pretty similar. I prefer the itinerary for the Summit but wonder if the Grandeur would be better since it's more kid friendly. We went on Freedom of the Seas last year and my son son loved the kids club. We traveled during October so there weren't that many kids on board but enough there were always other kids there.

I'm trying to decide between the Summit or Grandeur for August. It will be three of us, me (40), my mom (62), and my son (4).

The size of ship and amenities look pretty similar. I prefer the itinerary for the Summit but wonder if the Grandeur would be better since it's more kid friendly. We went on Freedom of the Seas last year and my son son loved the kids club. We traveled during October so there weren't that many kids on board but enough there were always other kids there.

Celebrity has excellent children's programs and during the summer there will be loads of kids.

5 days vs. 7 days?

Summit is a favorite of ours, but we have enjoyed 2 cruises on Grandeur, before the last renovation which added additional Specialty Restaurants.

If it is 5 vs. 7, I would always take the 7, especially a cruise like this with only 1 destination.

5 days vs. 7 days?

If it is 5 vs. 7, I would always take the 7, especially a cruise like this with only 1 destination.

Yes it's the 5 vs. 7. I prefer the extra time in Bermuda and the price difference isn't that much. I've never been on Celebrity before but my mom likes their wine packages better than RCL.

Yes it's the 5 vs. 7. I prefer the extra time in Bermuda and the price difference isn't that much. I've never been on Celebrity before but my mom likes their wine packages better than RCL.

If you do choose Celebrity make sure you go to the East Coast Departures board. There are great people on there who can give lots of info on Bayonne and Bermuda.

The following thread is particularly helpful

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163707

Edited by dkjretired

Love the Summit. I have sailed on the Summit many times. Just did a b2b in January and will be back on in May. I love Bermuda. I have sailed there and flown there many times. Bermuda is picture postcard perfect. In 2012 we sailed with our kids and grandkids. Grandkids love the fun factory. This year when were planing a family vacation, sailing on the Summit was the most popular choice. 2nd choice was HAL.hal sails into Hamilton. They sail from Boston. Since we live in NJ, sailing from Bayonne is best for us. Nobody wanted to sail on Royal.

We're doing the April Repo from San Juan to Jersey on the Summit. The downside is no perks, and only 2 days in Bermuda, but it's an 8 day cruise with a stop in St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Summit vs Grandeur, you probably can't go wrong either way. Better entertainment on RCCL, but better luxury on Celebrity.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor