Linked reservations, but different dining times

funinthesun1964

We are going to sail on Conquest for the second time very soon!

Here is the deal: We booked on the Conquest while we were on a cruise in September, and received the OBC and F&F voucher. We talked our friends into going with us and they booked within a few weeks after we returned.

The reservations are linked - which usually means that we have dining times together.

However, this time we were waitlisted for early, and within a few weeks, received confirmation that we were cleared for early. (I suspect our Platinum status helped) But - our friends are still waitlisted for early - they are currently on anytime! I figure we can talk to the Maitre D on the first day of the cruise and request if we can have dinner together, it would be nice since we are cruising with friends!

Anyone else have this situation before?

I have not personally experienced this situation. But I recently researched this topic. There are 10 people in our group, with four different cabins. I inquired about linking these reservations for dining. Advised that they all have to have the same dining time, to do this. In our case, this is true, so we are dining together, at one table.

But if some had Early Dining, and someone had Late, then couldn't do it. Maybe when you arrive on the ship, they can accomdate your request.

They are going to do everything they can, since you are hopefully linked on the back end. They always try to reserve spots first for any last minute platinum or diamond members, just how it is. I am sure you will be fine.

We are platinum, but our friends aren't - we are confirmed for early but they are still stuck in anytime. Sorry, forgot to mention that they weren't platinum. Our travel agents have assured us that our bookings are linked. I sure hope we get to have dinner together!

IF there is still room in Anytime Dining then I'd switch to that to be with them. We had a wonderful experience on the Conquest with my sister and bro in law with Anytime Dining. We went early(since you also like early) and asked for Olga's table for 4 which became "our table" for the whole cruise. IF Olga is not on board I am sure someone else will be just as good. You can get the same wait staff and this table for 4 was in the back of the dining room with no tables right next to it so it felt like private dining.

We were in 3 linked cabins on the sunshine, 2 cabins (our kids and us) had confirmed anytime, my mom (3rd cabin) had wait listed anytime. It never came through (very last minute pack n go rate) and when we got on the ship we were all late dining. However, we were able to go switch to anytime starting the second night anyway.

If it doesn't go through by the time you leave, then just go talk to the Maitre D when you get on board. There should be a listing on the fun times that will tell you which dining room to go to so you can talk to the Maitre D. Then you can request to sit together. Sometimes they will make you wait until the second night, but that's better than nothing.

We have the exact same situation for our cruise leaving on Monday. It's weird, because at the time I booked online, both cabins were confirmed for Your Time. I've emailed to find out if we can switch the Late Dining cabin to Your Time but I haven't heard back yet. If I don't, I'll try to get it straightened out on the ship and hope for the best. We have two small children with us so eating at 8:15pm isn't an option! (I know we can eat on the Lido too, but we much prefer the dining room's food.)