Mariner of the Seas.....WOW!!!!

Goldens

This probably won't work. The RFS are sold out months in advance it is the one cabin on the ship guaranteed to sail full. If you want to switch you should attempt to do so now. I have another solution, my family has connecting rooms. Is that a possibility?
no, connecting rooms were already taken at the time of booking (Feb) we were told so we took the next best thing! any other ideas?

I'm sorry Tazza I didn't mean to scare you. The TA told me they would have to book each cabin with a parent and a chid, then when we got on board we could do wharever we wanted. That is why I was worried about the muster stations. Could you have your TA call and ask if the 2 cabins that you have go to the same one? If not when you get on board go to guest services and they may be able to adjust for you. I am sure that RC wants you with your kids as much as you want to be with them. Or just go the the drill split up 1 parent for each child. I also was looking at a balcony with a PR across the hall. My youngest is still only 6 so I have decided that will not work for us. We are now considering adjoining cabins. I do like having 2 bathrooms!

Hi Disneycrazymom, yes our TA already told us that 'story' about booking 1 adult and 1 child together and then doing what wewant once on board. Our kids are 9 and 13 and I am now quite concerned. There were no inter-leading rooms available at the time of booking so this really was our best option. I am now feeling worried - they are directly accross the hall from us. At this point do you think I have any other options???

Here are 2 ideas. Try posting the cabin #'s and ask if anyone knows which station they are assigned to. Try calling RC (or ask your TA to) and ask if the 2 cabins you have are assigned the same station. Someone will know you just may have to spend some time finding the right person. Even if no adjoining cabins are avialable ask what cabins are included in the stations and choose 2 from the list. I completely understand your concern! I have been on many cruises and NEVER have had any emergency of any kind so chances are this will NOT be an issue at all. If you have no other choice just make an emergency plan, you know like your fire drill plan at home. Something like we will come to your cabin and get you, then Dad will take child 1 and Mom child 2. You get the idea. Knowing what you will do will make you feel better, and I am sure you will NOT need your plan at all. :)

OMG.....what does that mean "seperate muster stations"? We are sailing in Jan on Mariner and our kids are booked into a seperate room directly accross from ours (we have balcony and they have inside cabin?). You are makingme very nervous!!! Is there a possibility of changing to a family suite? Does anyone know the difference in price? First please explaine to me about the seperate muster stations....I need to know if I will have a problem?

If the kids are across the hall they are not going to be assigned a different muster station. Everyone in a hallway between stairways will be going to the same muster station. You can't have people heading in different conflicting directions.

Archived