Posting names of the entertainers

JennysUncle

It would be nice if the names of the entertainers were posted somewhere, instead of simply being anonymous members of 'the Band' or the 'Singers and Dancers'. On land, just about any performance has a playbill or flyer or at least a poster that names the actual performers. This specific recognition is a courtesy to the person, and allows the audience to appreciate, and perhaps follow (or avoid) future appearances. This would seem to be a simple thing to do - one page in a frame somewhere.

I'd be happy if people posting reviews of their cruises would just mention the names of the headline entertainers, as well as the name of the person playing in the Piano Bar, Piano Lounge, or Mix (whichever ship), and say a little something about how good/bad they were (if they know).

After all, these are the people who are likely to be seen on other HAL ships, too, and it would be nice to have a head's up on them when we find them on our cruise. Saying "the magician" was good tells us nothing when there's more than one magician out there.

Entertainment on my cruise is important to me; I like to stay out and play. It's nice to see the daily program and get an idea how much energy I need to save for after dinner. ;)

Pulling out the "On Location" from my previous two cruises, we had the following entertainment:

Zuiderdam - Alaska Inside Passage - Saturday Sept 7, 2013 to Friday Sept 13, 2013

Sept 7th: Listen to the Music with cruise director Ross, Solo Guitarist Michael Simons, Piano bar entertainer Charles Kraut.

Sept 8th: In Concert with Zuiderdam singers & dancers

Sept 9th: Dan Bennett (Comedien, variety performer)

Sept 10th: Dreampark with Zuiderdam singers & dancers

Sept 11th: James Cielen (Illusionist)

Sept 12th: Stage & Screen with Zuiderdam singers & dancers

Sept 13th: DWTS @ Sea: Finale, Derrick Cameron (Comedy?)

Zuiderdam - Panama Canal Sunfarer - Monday April 7, 2014 to Thursday April 17, 2014

April 7th: Listen to the Music with cruise director Dave, Solo Guitarist Ryan Laird, Piano bar entertainer Jeremy

April 8th: Rod Long (Comedian), Piano bar entertainer Jeremiah

April 9th: In Concert with Zuiderdam singers & dancers, Piano bar Jeremy

April 10th: Filipino crew show, Piano bar Jeremy

April 11th: Den West (Country music)

April 12th: It Takes 2 (Tribute to duets from the 50's, 60's, 70's)

April 13th: The Comedy of Benji Hill

April 14th: Heather Sullivan (Singer, recording artist)

April 15th: James Cielen (Illusionist)

April 16th: Stage & Screen with Zuiderdam singers & dancers

April 17th: DWTS @ Sea finale

On the first set of cruises that had "ENCORES", programs with the title and brief descriptions of songs along with the names of the providers with given out. I still have that program.

ENCORES is by far the best production show I have seen. I have now seen ENCORES 8 times. I was particularly fortunate to see it again on last year's Voyage of the Viking cruise with Courtney and Dustin Cunningham, who made ENCORES truly memorable. Having seen over 300 Broadway productions, I am very willing to pay Broadway prices to see the Cunninghams perform the piece.

On that VoV cruise, I asked the Cruise Director (Christina Purcel) about programs. She stated that HAL's policy was not to provide programs. However, 2 days latter, I found a nice letter with the names of the singers and dancers of the showroom and the names of the major entertainers in the lounges.

On the first set of cruises that had "ENCORES", programs with the title and brief descriptions of songs along with the names of the providers with given out. I still have that program.

ENCORES is by far the best production show I have seen. I have now seen ENCORES 8 times. I was particularly fortunate to see it again on last year's Voyage of the Viking cruise with Courtney and Dustin Cunningham, who made ENCORES truly memorable. Having seen over 300 Broadway productions, I am very willing to pay Broadway prices to see the Cunninghams perform the piece.

On that VoV cruise, I asked the Cruise Director (Christina Purcel) about programs. She stated that HAL's policy was not to provide programs. However, 2 days latter, I found a nice letter with the names of the singers and dancers of the showroom and the names of the major entertainers in the lounges.

Agree! IMHO Dustin Cunningham is a world class tenor. I thought the entertainment on this past year's VOV was quite good, especially any of the shows he participated in.

On some lines, the pictures and names of the performers are posted, either outside the theater or in a case in the atrium.

It would be nice if the names of the entertainers were posted somewhere' date=' instead of simply being anonymous members of 'the Band' or the 'Singers and Dancers'. On land, just about any performance has a playbill or flyer or at least a poster that names the actual performers. This specific recognition is a courtesy to the person, and allows the audience to appreciate, and perhaps follow (or avoid) future appearances. This would seem to be a simple thing to do - one page in a frame somewhere.[/quote']

On NA, the members of "the band" were individually recognized during their performance in the production shows in the Mainstage.