Bit of a Blog : Solstice : Auckland – Fremantle – Sydney : February 14th 2016

NorbertsNiece

Back at the resort..... another accommodation option

DSCN0520.jpg

That´s where I stayed last year and I loved it. Not half as fancy as the Desert Garden I believe but fun. And I was able to go to the Desert Garden´s spa for a wonderful massage.

Your pictures from Uluru and Kata Tjuta are fantastic. Thank you so much for taking us with you on your trip. And welcome back to stormy Europe!

That´s where I stayed last year and I loved it. Not half as fancy as the Desert Garden I believe but fun. And I was able to go to the Desert Garden´s spa for a wonderful massage.

Your pictures from Uluru and Kata Tjuta are fantastic. Thank you so much for taking us with you on your trip. And welcome back to stormy Europe!

Thanks for sticking with me!! I'm cold. Still minus one case.

----------------

DSCN0785.jpg

We are headed to Kata Tjuta

DSCN0790.jpg

Yeap. They flood.

DSCN0798.jpg

DSCN0796.jpg

DSCN0797.jpg

DSCN0800.jpg

This is the road to Western Australia, the Lasseter Highway, clearly 4x4 access only. You need to let the authorities you are setting out and you get 4 days to report in. I thought it was fully sealed.....

DSCN0802.jpg

The long and winding road....

DSCN0803.jpg

DSCN0804.jpg

DSCN0809.jpg

I'll be honest. I found this hard. Even wearing good walking shoes.... I'm no goat and there are not many places to sit and ponder and appreciate. We were on a time restriction..... about an hour. 36°

DSCN0810.jpg

DSCN0811.jpg

DSCN0818.jpg

DSCN0820.jpg

DSCN0822.jpg

DSCN0824.jpg

DSCN0825.jpg

DSCN0826.jpg

At this point I was ready to give up. Our guide then appeared and said the lookout was just around the corner and spurred me on. I'd been climbing for 24 minutes (according to my camera) and we'd been told 20 minutes to reach the lookout.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

In the evening I went to an astronomy talk. Was soooo amazing to view the stars, the constellations, through telescopes. My pics do not do this justice at all. I was actually overwhelmed by the enormity of it all and left before the end. I believe this is the Southern Cross.

DSCN0872.jpg

Will be on-board Celebrity Solstice next month on 18 days journey form Sydney to Honolulu. First time on Celebrity and first time on Solstice. Recognized as Elite member of Captains Club am entitled to eat breakfast at the Captain's Club Lounge. I would appreciate very if someone tell me exactly where the Captain's Club Lounge on Solstice. Thank you so much in advance for your help.....

Born-To-Cruise

Past Cruises

12 on RCI, 3 on Carnival

(funds permitting, always looking forward for exciting cruises :):):))

Edited by born-to-cruise
missed a word

Will be on-board Celebrity Solstice next month on 18 days journey form Sydney to Honolulu. First time on Celebrity and first time on Solstice. Recognized as Elite member of Captains Club am entitled to eat breakfast at the Captain's Club Lounge. I would appreciate very if someone tell me exactly where the Captain's Club Lounge on Solstice. Thank you so much in advance for your help.....

Born-To-Cruise

Past Cruises

12 on RCI, 3 on Carnival

Hi,

There's no Captain's Club Lounge on Solstice. Breakfast for Elite is in the Tuscan Grill. There's no cooked food.

DSCN6049.jpg

DSCN6050.jpg

Sydney

DSCN0921.jpg

DSCN0924.jpg

DSCN0926.jpg

DSCN0927.jpg

The Rydges Hotel at the Airport is really well situated. There is a free shuttle from the Domestic Terminal and it's right across the road from the International Terminal

Notice the Easter Eggs on the bed

DSCN0928.jpg

DSCN0929.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Here's what it looks like now

12472574_10156767099175352_7438912985181746750_n.jpg?oh=c3ed3afd8181914f6364e8e545aa4d17&oe=578CDFDB

Here's the other one..... not seen it in a while

DSCN0936.jpg

Au revoir Sydney

DSCN0939.jpg

I spent some time taking pics of the journey graphics on the onboard TV. Three and a half hours later we are still over Australia.

And this is take off in London......

DSCN0965.jpg

---------

I'd like to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to read, comment and post here over the past 7 weeks. You made it so much fun for me to do. Valerie has been super with her suggestions and friendship as have all of you who shared your experiences. Back to my real world of taxes, car insurance but best of all 3 big girls and 3 little boys who are a gift.

The first 15 seconds of

says it all but the whole track makes me smile and takes me back to simpler times....

Oh and I was singing along.....

Born-To-Cruise

Past Cruises

12 on RCI, 3 on Carnival

In the late afternoon/evening 5-7. drinks & canapes are available in the Sky lounge, deck 14 forward. They are pretty generous with the drinks! Trish & Peter.

The road to WA is sealed across the Nullabor Plain - South Australia to WA.

When I first visited to Ayers Rock (as it was then in 1981) the road from Alice Springs to Ayers Rock was still a corrugated rough dirt road. I also climbed to the top of the Rock.

We have come a long way since then. Local Aboriginal ownership, in conjunction with government (there is a board of governors with specific representation), has really enhanced the experience of visiting this beautiful part of the continent.

I'm interested to see the Valley of the Winds walk was closed. Don't suppose you know why? That is the walk we did last time we visited in 2010. Couldn't do it now. It was tough enough then!

Great photos - you have done a fantastic job of sharing an otherwise unseen part of Australia.