Bottled Liquor/Spirits for purchase onboard Royal Princess

richarduk

Hello. When we cruised on Caribbean Princess a few years ago we were able to purchase whole bottles of liquor from one of the bars to use for in-room use. I can't remember the price but it was very reasonable. Does anyone know if this is possible on Royal Princess or what the alternatives are for purchasing bottles of vodka, for example, for in room use only. Thank you.

I'm not sure about purchasing it onboard, but you can pre-purchase it on Princess.com. I believe you get a card in your cabin upon arrival and all you do is call and room service delivers to your stateroom:

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

Edited by hllwdcruiser

Hello. When we cruised on Caribbean Princess a few years ago we were able to purchase whole bottles of liquor from one of the bars to use for in-room use. I can't remember the price but it was very reasonable. Does anyone know if this is possible on Royal Princess or what the alternatives are for purchasing bottles of vodka, for example, for in room use only. Thank you.

Never read about anyone purchasing a full bottle of alcohol from a bar to use in the cabin. The half size 375ml bottles are available to prepurchase or through room service on the ship.

You started a thread yesterday about reading on the Princess website about the buffet closing at 1800 & we're wondering where you read that because it's not true.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'm not sure about purchasing it onboard, but you can pre-purchase it on Princess.com. I believe you get a card in your cabin upon arrival and all you do is call and room service delivers to your stateroom:

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/[/quote

Thanks for the info. I noticed that their prices are approx. 150% that on Holland America for vodka:eek:

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/[/quote

Thanks for the info. I noticed that their prices are approx. 150% that on Holland America for vodka:eek:

DH likes his Scotch and the price is 200% that on shore. I'm used to higher prices while cruising, but if it were sold for less we would be more apt to buy a bottle or two.