Show time on Summit, flexible dinning, etc!

We're trying to decide if we want to keep our assigned diner time (8:30) or take advante of flexible dinner time. We usually prefer to see the show after we have our meal... Does anybody know what the usual time of the shows are?

And if we opt for the "flexibility" can I use my OBC to pay for gratuities?

Thanks!

We're trying to decide if we want to keep our assigned diner time (8:30) or take advante of flexible dinner time. We usually prefer to see the show after we have our meal... Does anybody know what the usual time of the shows are?

Thanks!

The shows are built around the traditional dining times so you shouldn't have a problem. Some days the show will be before dinner and some days after for the 8:30P.M. seating. You need to check the daily and they will usually announce it the night before.

You may use your OBC for gratuities no matter what type of dining you choose. Celebrity no longer requires prepayment of tips for Select Dining.

Edited by dkjretired

• 5 months later...
We are waitlisted for select dining on Infinity,but have option for suite dining room which is open,I think.(Luminae?) Assigned us 6,right now.Do these open up reg?

What would 2nd show time be, see first is 7.

First time on Celebrity. Do they have Vegas type shows?

Thanks in advance

If you are in a suite your assigned dining is Luminae which is anytime dining. Disregard the assigned dining time it's just a computer thing.

to TRY mdr?guess just at 6 then,unless open dining becomes avail.

A

lso, do you know second show time, from above posts if varies,any idea?

What about embarkation, what is open for lunch on Infinity then?

Show times should be for all days - 7:00 then 9:00 (Bermuda cruise)

MDR is open for lunch only for Concierge class. None of this is first hand experience just what I have read from other posts.

have a lot of questions since my first cruise on C.

On embarkation day it seems I can eat in MDR or top deck rest and that s it.

Maybe not too busy that day ,so not as much hassle with buffet area?

Seems we can go anytime for dinner at Luminae rest.(suite guests) and no need for reservation.Still hoping we get flex dining option,but do I have to make res.for MDR or just show up.Wish there was more info on specifics on website,asked for brochure in mail but never rec d.

Seems we can go anytime for dinner at Luminae rest.(suite guests) and no need for reservation.Still hoping we get flex dining option,but do I have to make res.for MDR or just show up.Wish there was more info on specifics on website,asked for brochure in mail but never rec d.

You can only eat in the MDR on Embarkation day if you are in Concierge Class. Places for others to eat such as suite and Aqua class are Sushi on Five, buffet, Aqua Spa cafe or the grill. Luminae was open for lunch on Embarkation day for suite guests.

Times for the Shows on Summit for my cruise in June were 7 and 9.....

Edited by dkjretired

And Select dining usually is completely booked early so if you want it call now!

I had no idea that select dining was capped - we have it for our next cruise on the Silhouette in October and have used it on our two previous cruises on RCL - so.... what happens if you, for example miss your early dining spot then "sucks to be you" you don't get to eat in the MDR?

Thanks!

I just came back from the Summit. I used my OBC to pay for gratuities.

My group of 8 chose Select Dining as I thought 5:30 pm was too early and 9:00 pm was too late. However, I made the right decision by RESERVING before we cruised. We all agreed that 6:30 pm was a decent time and so I made online reservations for our group of 8 for all 7 dinners in the Main Dining room for that time. Excellent decision because boy, there were line-ups of people who did not have reservations for the MDR. At the entrance, there is a line for people WITH reservations and people WITHOUT reservations.

The 6:30 pm sit down time allowed us a nice meal time. We would finish between 8:15 and 8:40 pm, making it perfect for the night time 2nd show that started at 9:00 pm. :D

You have free specialty dining at Luminae .......better cuts of meat, more foods cooked to order, more attentive servers, etc You have flex dining for Luminae. Why would you want to eat in the MDR?

The top deck buffet called Ocean View, will be very crowded on embarkcation. If you can eat elsewhere with your status or Suite, I would do that.

Ask anything you want, Someone will pop in to help you. :):)

Yes, eat at Luminae. My understanding is they can get you a dish from the dining room if you want it, but with the food being so great at Luminae, you will not want it.

We went to the MDR one cruise on one night when we were assigned to Blu because we did not feel like we wanted a full meal, only soup. Big mistake. Loud, crowded, took so long for service. Went back to Blu the next night and our waiter asked about us and said he missed us. We told him we went to the MDR and he said why did you do that. We told him we just wanted some soup and he said, I would have gotten you anything you wanted. We told him we would never make that mistake again. He had spoiled us to the MDR.