Barcelona Embarkation

latin princess

Hi latin princess

We were in the Barcelona cruise terminal last month before boarding an MSC ship and I saw a place for leaving luggage. I dont know how it all works but the signage was there

You do know that its a long way to go back into town?

Caryl

Sorry can't help you with the luggage question but I do know that there is a local bus that runs from every cruise ship. As it's doesn't start running until the ship docks you will have to see if there is another ship docked close to you and walk there for the T3 bus, it is marked on the bus stop. It drops you at the Columbus monument at the end of Las Ramblas. I think it was 5 Euros for return trip and if you happen to be overnight in port the bus runs until 2200. I have walked into the town and it's about 2 miles

Have done the embarkation at Barcelona the on the favolosa in 2014. Costa have a dedicated terminal at the port and we arrived in the morning too. They will take your luggage as soon as you get there. And then you will have the choice of staying in the terminal or go into Barcelona

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry can't help you with the luggage question but I do know that there is a local bus that runs from every cruise ship. As it's doesn't start running until the ship docks you will have to see if there is another ship docked close to you and walk there for the T3 bus, it is marked on the bus stop. It drops you at the Columbus monument at the end of Las Ramblas. I think it was 5 Euros for return trip and if you happen to be overnight in port the bus runs until 2200. I have walked into the town and it's about 2 miles

Hi thanks

Have looked at the T3 buses. The Costa Diadema is in port all day from 9 am so am assuming she will be docked close by.

Have done the embarkation at Barcelona the on the favolosa in 2014. Costa have a dedicated terminal at the port and we arrived in the morning too. They will take your luggage as soon as you get there. And then you will have the choice of staying in the terminal or go into Barcelona

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi

thanks I thought that might well be the case. The Favolosa doesnt get in till either 1 or 2 in the afternoon, just wonder if the Diadema being there also will have any effect. She is in from 9am and there till the evening too and it is an embarkation port for her too, so two ships at same time

Hi

thanks I thought that might well be the case. The Favolosa doesnt get in till either 1 or 2 in the afternoon, just wonder if the Diadema being there also will have any effect. She is in from 9am and there till the evening too and it is an embarkation port for her too, so two ships at same time

There may be 2 Costa ships in at the same time but they will be in 2 different terminals each with its own dedicated terminal building.

There may be 2 Costa ships in at the same time but they will be in 2 different terminals each with its own dedicated terminal building.

Thank you

although have sailed costa, the ship has always been there when we got to port and there was only one Costa ship there. Although I have sailed before have always been with my parents-experienced cruisers. This time I am just with my Husband who have never cruised and has only been overseas with me- his first time 18 months ago, he is a nervous traveler even though he enjoys our holidays and he kinda leaves it all up to me- thinks I am an expert LOL. So like to be prepared and aware of any possible hiccoughs and stuff