Getaway

bigtony64

I just got the cancellation email as well for my May 1st cruise. I am hoping it is just a system issue and that they are not just doing away with entertainment. It was my understanding that shows typically have a few year contract (3 comes to mind). Really not pleased with all the changes since booking.

Edited by BrytEydBelle

I have read elsewhere that people are being told to that they are to reserve the shows once they get onboard. I guess they are eliminating your ability to reserve online before your cruise. Personally, I think they should eliminate Legally Blonde but Burn the Floor gets great reviews.

I think people may be getting a lot of things confused when they book. For example, Burn the Floor has a short show two nights in the Tropicana dining room but that is not the same show as the one in the theatre.

It was my understanding that shows typically have a few year contract (3 comes to mind).

Typically they are 5 year contracts, which is why the entertainment has just changed on the Epic.

The Getaway is two years old. I'd be amazed if the contracts were up already. This is almost certainly another issue.

Could someone post the email they got? If it is the same one someone else posted on another thread, it does not say the shows themselves have been cancelled. It says the show time booked is no longer available and to please go to the website to reschedule or the box office on board.

Someone just posted on another thread that although the shiws had not been on myncl to schedule, as of today, the shows were there showing new dates and times and she rebooked.

I'm on the May 15th sailing of the Getaway. After reading all of this on CC this morning I e-mailed my PCC. This is all the information she had regarding entertainment on Escape and Getaway. She got the e-mail yesterday. I'm not sure what these changes are in addition to.

This also doesn't fully make sense since our roll call all got e-mails about the May 16/17 showings of Burn the Floor which isn't in that window.

Additional changes have been made to the Entertainment schedule onboard the Norwegian Getaway and Escape. The below shows on select date ranges have been cancelled:

Escape:

· Million Dollar Quartet- from 2/27 thru 3/4/16 & 4/9 thru 4/30/16

· After Midnight - from 4/9 thru 4/30/16

· For the Record- from 4/9 thru 4/15/16

Norwegian Getaway:

· Legally Blonde- from 5/1 thru 5/20/16

· Burn the Floor- from 5/1 thru 5/15/16

Edited by DaniJo