Really need help with planning hotel

tbmrt

Decided to add an extra night BEFORE the night that was included w/my cruise package (HI Metairie Airport) so we could see a bit of NO including Bourbon St. Then I read that getting a cab could be a problem coming from Bourbon St. to Metairie hotel and Uber must be Uber Black (expensive).

Considering time of year (mid-September) would getting a taxi back to hotel around 10pm on a Saturday night usually still be pretty difficult?

Other alternative would be to make a hotel reservation for the Sunday night AFTER our cruise instead of before it in the Bourbon St. area. Do you think staying a Sunday night would be better than staying on a Saturday night? Is NO much quieter on Sundays?

Really hate to change hotels, but don't want to worry about having to pay exorbitant fee and get back to Metairie hotel after drinking on Bourbon St.

Thank you.

Bourbon Street and the rest of the French Quarter are just getting cranked up at 10:00 p.m.

We have never had a problem getting a cab late at night, or regular Uber.

Uber is usually cheaper, even with a late-night surge.

Decided to add an extra night BEFORE the night that was included w/my cruise package (HI Metairie Airport) so we could see a bit of NO including Bourbon St. Then I read that getting a cab could be a problem coming from Bourbon St. to Metairie hotel and Uber must be Uber Black (expensive).

Considering time of year (mid-September) would getting a taxi back to hotel around 10pm on a Saturday night usually still be pretty difficult?

Other alternative would be to make a hotel reservation for the Sunday night AFTER our cruise instead of before it in the Bourbon St. area. Do you think staying a Sunday night would be better than staying on a Saturday night? Is NO much quieter on Sundays?

Really hate to change hotels, but don't want to worry about having to pay exorbitant fee and get back to Metairie hotel after drinking on Bourbon St.

Thank you.

You won't have any problem getting a cab at anytime on a Saturday night. There are less people on Sunday night. The restaurants close earlier. Hotel prices are usually lower on Sunday night.