Epic Aft Balcony ??

jewelmick

I booked an aft Balcony on the Epic for Western Med in JULY, and am now worried it will be too hot?

Should I change to a port or starboard balcony so we get a breeze?

How bad is the soot on the Epic...on the DCL Wonder the soot was pretty bad on the aft "secret" 7th deck.

We were in an aft balcony on the EPIC and had no issues with soot or too little breeze. The only thing that was an occasional annoyance was the strong vibrations felt when pulling into port. Only really was a bother when pulling in to disembark at 5am.

I have been in an EPIC aft suite and have an aft balcony on the Epic booked for a cruise next year. Love aft rooms and yes sometimes you can feel the vibration when docking but the peace of the aft rooms is worth it IMO. While I like different things about all the ships I have been on in the NCL fleet, I really liked the EPIC, besides night one when everyone is getting a feel for the ship, it never felt crowed for being a big ship. Enjoy your trip!

I booked an aft Balcony on the Epic for Western Med in JULY, and am now worried it will be too hot?

Should I change to a port or starboard balcony so we get a breeze?

How bad is the soot on the Epic...on the DCL Wonder the soot was pretty bad on the aft "secret" 7th deck.

We had an aft balcony on our first Epic Western med trip. Absolutely LOVED it. Never too hot, always a light breeze and absolutely no sign of soot whatsoever.

Sitting out there watching the various ports fade into the distance was magical. Not QUITE so magical was being woken at the crack of dawn by the vibrations when pulling IN to ports, but that served as an alarm clock and we got to see all those beautiful ports in the early morning light.

Have a great trip! :)

This was THE most relaxing thing!

7858890912_4d6d54140a_c.jpgHols 2012 060 by smilinglady, on Flickr

Pulling in to Florence around 6am.

7864524940_e60357fe88_c.jpgHols 2012 142 by smilinglady, on Flickr

Naples, early morning arrival.

7858242260_c309ddb53e_c.jpgHols 2012 069 by smilinglady, on Flickr

We have been in an aft facing balcony cabin on the Epic, and there was no problems with soot or it being too hot. Only problem we had was the loud music from Spice H20, as our cabin was situated only 2 decks below (on deck 13). That was actually pretty annoying - we could here the base from the music in our cabin even with the balcony door closed. But if your cabin is situated on a lower deck, that will probably not be a problem.