Passport v Drivers Licence

RenaeG

Quick question - my mum and I are doing 4 day cruise out of Sydney next month on Explorer. The cruise only visits one other Australian city. My question is: is a drivers licence sufficient ID? I've gone to do check in and the documentation only allows for passport information to be put in. When I booked this cruise I called RCC to ask and they said no passport was required but I don't have full faith in what I'm being told from a Guatemalan Call Centre. My mum doesn't have a passport and we cruise in 3 weeks so I'd love to hear from anyone who has boarded a cruise in Australia with just a DL. Tx

Edited by RenaeG

From this webpage:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/travelDocumentation.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=4&snav=5#nonusport

In case you get redirected, it says:

The following requirements are for sailings from a non-United States port to Europe, South America, Australia/New Zealand, Dubai/Emirates, Asia, and Alaska sailings from Vancouver.

• All travelers, including children, require a valid passport. For your protection, your passport should have at least 6 months validity from the end of your cruise expiration. For additional United States passport information, visit the United States Department of State travel information website or VisaCentral, a fast and easy solution for all your U.S. passport needs. VisaCentral can obtain passports in as little as one day. Visa Central is the passport and visa service that we recommend, should our guests need passport and visa assistance. You may contact Visa Central for all your passport needs. Visa Central can obtain passports in as little as one day. US Residents, please contact VisaCentral online at www.visacentral.com/royalcaribbean, email rci@visacentral.com or call 800-858-8579, and be sure to reference Royal Caribbean account 44988 for reduced service fees. Canada residents, please contact www.visacentral.ca/royalcaribbean, email rci@visacentral.com or call 8888-665-9956, and be sure to reference Royal Caribbean account 10026 for reduced service fees.

United States citizens carrying an official (maroon cover) passport must also present a valid diplomatic or personal (blue or green cover) passport.

Quick question - my mum and I are doing 4 day cruise out of Sydney next month on Explorer. The cruise only visits one other Australian city. My question is: is a drivers licence sufficient ID? I've gone to do check in and the documentation only allows for passport information to be put in. When I booked this cruise I called RCC to ask and they said no passport was required but I don't have full faith in what I'm being told from a Guatemalan Call Centre. My mum doesn't have a passport and we cruise in 3 weeks so I'd love to hear from anyone who has boarded a cruise in Australia with just a DL. Tx

You must have a passport AND a Visa, unless of course you are from Australia. Then I don't know.

Edited by steveru621

OP, What country are you from?

From this webpage:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/travelDocumentation.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=4&snav=5#nonusport

In case you get redirected, it says:

The following requirements are for sailings from a non-United States port to Europe, South America, Australia/New Zealand, Dubai/Emirates, Asia, and Alaska sailings from Vancouver.

• All travelers, including children, require a valid passport. For your protection, your passport should have at least 6 months validity from the end of your cruise expiration. For additional United States passport information, visit the United States Department of State travel information website or VisaCentral, a fast and easy solution for all your U.S. passport needs. VisaCentral can obtain passports in as little as one day. Visa Central is the passport and visa service that we recommend, should our guests need passport and visa assistance. You may contact Visa Central for all your passport needs. Visa Central can obtain passports in as little as one day. US Residents, please contact VisaCentral online at www.visacentral.com/royalcaribbean, email rci@visacentral.com or call 800-858-8579, and be sure to reference Royal Caribbean account 44988 for reduced service fees. Canada residents, please contact www.visacentral.ca/royalcaribbean, email rci@visacentral.com or call 8888-665-9956, and be sure to reference Royal Caribbean account 10026 for reduced service fees.

United States citizens carrying an official (maroon cover) passport must also present a valid diplomatic or personal (blue or green cover) passport.

Thanks for this - so as per what it says here..... An Australia citizen going on a cruise that stops at Australian Domestic ports only doesn't need a passport. Phew.......!!!!!!!

I may be wrong (that happens a lot, just ask my wife) but that link provides information for US citizens. The OP was asking from an Australian perspective. Since I'm in North America I don't see the Australian requirements on Royal's site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I may be wrong (that happens a lot, just ask my wife) but that link provides information for US citizens. The OP was asking from an Australian perspective. Since I'm in North America I don't see the Australian requirements on Royal's site.

I tried looking at the Austrailian site (http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au) and saw the same FAQ.

try this

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/beforeyouboard/travelDocumentation.do

Australian guests please note:

Royal Caribbean's Australian domestic cruises are those calling in only Australian ports and which originate and end in ports within Australia. (Note that Queensland cruises which include Willis Island are currently classed as domestic cruises). All other cruises are considered to be international cruises. These include (but are not limited to) cruises to New Zealand, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Fiji, Tahiti, Asia, Europe and the Caribbean. Australian citizens travelling on international cruises are required to have valid passports.

AU Resident or Citizens:

Must bring an Australian Government issued pictured and laminated ID card (e.g. drivers license/military ID card/government (federal, territory, city, etc.) employee ID card). Adults cannot board upon presentation of a Medicare Card only.