Valor - Dry Dock and MDR Menus

cherbear4000

I just booked a cruise on the Valor this summer. I know the Valor is undergoing a dry dock in April. I am assuming the Valor is getting the 2.0 upgrades, but does anyone know the details? I am assuming they will add Guy's, but what about the Blue Iguana Cantina? I love the tacos. Will they also be refreshing the ship with new carpets and mattresses? Will they be adding a water works area. I know they just have 1 slide now.

I am also curious if the Valor is using the new American table menus yet or if anyone knows when they will be?

According to GoCCL, the Carnival Valor is scheduled to be in dry-dock 4/23/16 - 5/08/16. The ship is currently scheduled to receive Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Red Frog Rum Bar, Red Frog Pub, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Alchemy Bar, Cherry On Top, Camp Ocean, and the Sky Box Sports Bar.

We are just off the Valor on the 27th and was told they are NOT getting 2.0(they still have a 6 piece showband) and NO American Table installed either..

All Carnival ship are getting the 2.0 upgrade eventually. Valor has a dry dock scheduled at the end of April where they should be getting the 2.0 upgrades.

Again, Valor IS getting 2.0 upgrades with the exception of waterworks. Playlist is the canned music show (no band) and ALL ships will get American table. Splendor will not be getting 2.0 but will get playlist and American table.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Edited by poz222

• 2 weeks later...
Yes she is getting g the 2 most popular upgrades, American table and Playlist. .. Yay! !! (Sarcasm )

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

UGH. Sailing on her in October and I do NOT like the American Table. Oh well.

Edited by 2chilover

Some family members booked for Jan. 1st - 5th on the Valor.

I have lots of RCL cruise experience but none on Carnival.

Trying to learn what I can to help them.

So guess I need to know what American Table is as well.

thank you.

KT

Some family members booked for Jan. 1st - 5th on the Valor.

I have lots of RCL cruise experience but none on Carnival.

Trying to learn what I can to help them.

So guess I need to know what American Table is as well.

thank you.

KT

American Table is a new more casual approach: it's no table cloth, different dishes, your water in a pitcher at the table, and a slightly different menu. If you search if you should find info about it. It is a hot topic.

I love the tablecloths and fine dining experience Carnival always provided so I don't like it without having even experienced it.

So since dining is going casual is required attire going casual too? Can't see dressing up to sit at a table with no table cloth and a picture of water on the table. I don't care I can go fancy or casual but it's the mixing of the two that I don't get.

People have really strong opinions about dress code and about American Table menu. These are my opinions. I think the dress code on Carnival on a Caribbean cruise leans more casual. Most people, even on formal or elegant nights are dressed more casual. We don't take formal clothes anymore and haven't for years. We dress nice and acceptable but we are on vacation and don't enjoy dressing to the hilt. You can dress the way that feels good to you on that day. We often eat in the buffet anyway. As far as the American table menu is concerned, our only experience is on the Breeze last November. I loved it. The variety was just fine. The quality of the food was just fine and I felt like most of my old favorites were still available. Plus, there were some interesting other choices which were enjoyed by my husband, a more adventurous eater. I think that anytime dining has a more casual feel and the American table menu fits it very well. However, I thought the service was slower with the American table menu. There are so many dining choices that I'm sure that there is something for everyone. So enjoy your cruise and enjoy your many dining options with or without a tablecloth. :D

I think that anytime dining has a more casual feel and the American table menu fits it very well. :D

Does this mean the American Table menu and concept is only an option with anytime dining? We are booked for late dining but I was actually looking forward to trying a new menu, not as thrilled about the more casual approach, but excited about new menu items.

Thanks all for the info.!!

American Table is going to be served in all the dining rooms. I think we had a version of the menu on the Liberty two years ago and I really enjoyed the Port Day options - something that I actually was disappointed was not already a regular feature when I first started cruising.

I have not been a cruise where I got to experience the entire concept, but can see that not having tablecloths would make dining in the MDR feel more mundane, they do add something. But I won't get to experience it in full until we sail on the Magic next year.

On Elegant Nights the menu is going to be American Feast and they will have table cloths on the tables those nights.

The FAQ section on the Carnival website explains it a bit better and has sample menus: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1107/kw/American%20Table

American Table is going to be served in all the dining rooms. I think we had a version of the menu on the Liberty two years ago and I really enjoyed the Port Day options - something that I actually was disappointed was not already a regular feature when I first started cruising.

I have not been a cruise where I got to experience the entire concept, but can see that not having tablecloths would make dining in the MDR feel more mundane, they do add something. But I won't get to experience it in full until we sail on the Magic next year.

On Elegant Nights the menu is going to be American Feast and they will have table cloths on the tables those nights.

The FAQ section on the Carnival website explains it a bit better and has sample menus: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1107/kw/American%20Table

Sounds great! I will check that out, thank you!